Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

downgrading tariff

question the contract i have with o2 is £25 per month @ 24 months (expires november this year) i know after 9 months you can downgrade your price plan, what is the very cheapest i can downgrade to (10 or 15 per month ?) the reason i am asking is that o2 gone extremely poor over the last 8 or 9 months and very expensive for addons (like the internet etc) and i have the intention of gettign to the cheapest tariff and paying off the contract
any help will be appreciated
Anonymous

Re: downgrading tariff

You can move down one step to £15, then 30 days later you can drop once more to £10. Regarding getting more expensive for adding the Internet though, it used to be £7.50 for the data bolt on and £10 for Blackberry but it's now £5 for both options so it's actually got cheaper.
Anonymous

i know but for 500mb, whereas my t mobile contract i get 3gb so it is very expensive for me (plus i tether on my t-mobile) thanks for that so i can get my contract on o2 down to £10 in a month then sell the phone and pay off the contract, thanks a lot for your help Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Yes, your welcome. But you do know that T-Mobile now also have a limit of 500mb for all new contracts and renewals, don't you?
Anonymous

i am aware yes however when i ring them tomorow (o2) when everything is on the way to being sorted il take the contract out tomoorow (the 500mb data is not in effect until feb 1st it is still sold as 3gb on android at the mo)
Anonymous

Nice one, don't miss out Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

As Beaufighter says 'nice one'.
People often assume the regulars on here work for O2 and will always stick up for them. Not a bit, if you can find a better deal elsewhere go for it. We just try to pass on the facts most seem to ignore.
If O2 did a 3GB data plan then when my iphone GS contract ran out in July I would upgrade with them in an instant. But no way I am going to do it with a 500mb limit, will just have to buy my own new handset and keep the unlimited data or go elsewhere.
Hope you get it sorted in time. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy