Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double of the bill

gazman23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hello I posting this as I had four payments come out but I paid my phone bill two days before the date by my bank card and then today the bill by direct debit came out again and it leave me with no money so is there any why to be refunded the money back
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@gazman23 You'll have to speak to customer service in the morning. Best time to call is 8-8.30 am. This is a customer community. We cannot help with account related issues.
https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Caspy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
they will take your first payment as an extra payment and still take out the direct debit.. it happened to me a while back and thats the answer i got.. no refund was given
Message 3 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @gazman23

If you decide to make a manual payment on your account it needs to be at least 6 days before the Direct Debit is due. And you should also speak to Customer Services, never live chat, informing them of your plan to make an earlier payment or ask them to change the date your Direct Debit debits your account..

Direct debits are automated and may be temporarily suspended or the date an account is debited altered if enough time is given before the next payment is due.

Unfortunately, as you made a manual payment only 2 days before the Direct Debit was due, nothing could be done in time to stop the Direct Debit being activated. So you are unlikely to get a refund. Your manual payment will be used an an extra payment, reducing the balance owing to O2 for your phone.

If you wish to change the date payment is taken from your account, you need to speak to Customer Services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus as soon as possible so this can be arranged well before the next payment is due. Again speak to an advisor do not use live chat. The best time to ring is between 8-8:30am to avoid a long wait on hold.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It may be worth speaking to your bank to see if they can recall the direct debit. I'm not sure why you would want to make a manual payment so near to the direct debit payment date ... 

Message 5 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

As the money has already been taken out of @gazman23's account I think it may be too late to recall the Direct Debit @jonsie

And like you I did wonder why he/she made a manual payment at all when they had a Direct Debit in place.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Very probably @Glory1 and as it would take a couple of weeks for O2 to agree to and to return the money, I think the OP will have to leave the money credited to the account to pay the next bill.

Message 7 of 7