Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does my airtime contract end if l pay up my device plan early

Keithj057
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just wondering , if l pay up my device plan early does my airtime contract automatically finish? or do l have to continue to pay the airtime contract until end of the term.

thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

The airtime part of your O2 Refresh contract will continue until you inform O2 you want to move or upgrade, @Keithj057 - more here: Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

If you wish to move provider, more here: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

If you wish to upgrade, options here: Guide: Migration & porting into O2 or here: Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone - I think that has all the bases covered, and good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

The airtime part of your O2 Refresh contract will continue until you inform O2 you want to move or upgrade, @Keithj057 - more here: Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

If you wish to move provider, more here: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

If you wish to upgrade, options here: Guide: Migration & porting into O2 or here: Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone - I think that has all the bases covered, and good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Keithj057
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

many thanks for your reply pgn, so how i'm reading this is that once i've paid off my device plan l don't have to pay anymore on my airtime contract unless l want to?

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

You Airtime will continue on a rolling basis, keeping your number active, until you tell O2 you wish to leave - at which point service to your number will stop, unless you choose to move that number to a different provider with a PAC code.

There is no longer a penalty notice period needed for this - you can terminate your airtime today by SMS or in MyO2 as in here: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract. Please do not stop your direct debit until O2 have balanced and cleared any credit or debit balance and issued your final bill, or you will find it difficult to sort out once your MyO2 service terminates after you cancel Airtime, and if you owe money, even a small amount, O2's automated debt collection service will be triggered, potentially affecting your credit rating.

I hope this helps, @Keithj057.

Message 4 of 4