cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dodgy email from o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there did anyone get the following email from o2 about the price increase followed by a statement saying you can upgrade now with no fees or charges ? ifso how did you get on with it i enquired and was told by 4 different people they knew nothing about it. i am getting totally sick of o2 ive been with them for about 13 years and get nothing for loyalty we have 2 contracts which costs £80 a month but not for much longer. I am sure one of the other big companies would happily take our money.

Important news about the price of your mobile tariff

At O2, we want you to have the best digital experience possible. That's why we're always investing in the best technology.

We're already making this happen. But with the current Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation at 2.7%, the cost of everything is going up. As a result, we're adjusting the price of your tariff in line with RPI. This means when you get your March 2014 bill, it will be updated from £37.15 to £38.15.

You'll also see some changes to our other charges, such as for calls and texts if you go over your monthly allowance, international calls and MMS. To see what this means for you, go to o2.co.uk/prices.

And now for the good bit

Want a new phone now? Have it. We've arranged for you to upgrade early – without any fees or charges. Call us on 202 free from your mobile or Live Chat with us through the Help & Support section of o2.co.uk.

This is just the start of everything we've got lined up for you. Like more great value for money services. Even more exciting technology. Watch this space.

Kind regards

Martin Bould
Head of Consumer Marketing

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is legitimate, certain customers have been selected to have a free early upgrade. All upgrade staff have been made aware of it. Which department are you going through to when you call up?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is legitimate, certain customers have been selected to have a free early upgrade. All upgrade staff have been made aware of it. Which department are you going through to when you call up?
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, some others have had the same email... You are a chosen one wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

through to upgrades but as i said was told they knew nothing about it.

Message 4 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Why would you think there's anything wrong with that email?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

because as i stated when i contacted them i was told they knew nothing about it.

@perksie wrote:

Why would you think there's anything wrong with that email?

Message 6 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm only talking about the email, a look at it's properties would have confirmed it as being from O2 and therefore genuine.

I can't know why O2 staff haven't been informed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 13

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

through to upgrades but as i said was told they knew nothing about it.

As it is a new thing and not many O2 customers have been selected for it, it is becoming obvious that not all O2 staff have been made aware of it and that is why they knew nothing about it.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

i recieved the email on the 24th thats 5 days ago i just contacted them again and still they know nothing.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i recieved the email on the 24th thats 5 days ago i just contacted them again and still they know nothing.

That's not true.  There was a communication sent out on the 25th that all customer service and upgrades staff got.  People got the texts on 24th ahead of schedule and this is what caused some of the confusion.

Message 10 of 13