Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

do i need a good credit rating for a simplicity contract ???

do i need a good credit rating for a simplicity contract ?????
Highlighted
Anonymous

You are more likely to be accepted for a simplicity than you would a handset contract. You would be more likely to be accepted for a 30 day simplicity (often with a 6 month restriction preventing upgrade) than a 12m simplicity.

That's not to say you will get it though if you have a terrible credit history, but if its fair then there is a chance you'll get it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

what if i have a bad credit history but im coming up to the end of a iphone 18 month contract would that not help, surely cos they know i have paid like every month
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

You already have a contract!

Just phone and ask to switch to Simplicity at the end of it.

Also completing the one you are on will put a nice tick in your credit file. Smiley Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

i have a credit problem, i've never used a credit card, i'm 40 years old and worked all the time so i have never needed one, this has given me a poor credit score because any late bill payments like the tv license and you get a bad mark, and not using a card means i've never had any good marks

Vodafone just wouldnt let me have a contract, i even offered to pay the £840 two year contract up front

i got a simoplicity deal from 02, still waiting for it this week,
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you're still waiting then it might be best to give customer services a call to check there are no problems such as needing some proof of ID sending in, if there isn't a problem they'll get it sorted or you can go into store to collect a sim.