Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

disgusted with o2

Firstly I dont mind the fact that I am stuck with an 18 month contract, that is not the problem here. On the 2nd May 2009 my husband kindly treated me to a 16gb iphone costing £159 and also it is on an 18 month contract as my previous contract was due to run out, I had the 2g iphone. Anyway the next day 3rd May 2009 I see an article in the paper stated Apple were releasing a new iPhone 3g os. So I deceided to ring 02 to cancel my contract (as I knew I had 14 days to do so)I wanted to wait a few weeks for the new iPhone to be released. Whilst telling customer services I was going to cancel because a new phone was due on the market, he whole heartedly assured me Apple had no new plans to launch a new phone, only a new programme. I again asked him if he was sure as he worked for o2 and again I told him what I had seen in the newspaper. The phone call resulted in me believing him that it was only a new programme not a phone. So here I am stuck with an 18 month contract and told to pay £189 for the new version. What a laugh! I am totally disgusted with o2. I have again spoke with customer services today, and got absolutely nowhere. They said they didnt know of Apples plans, (which is utter bull). I know I cant do anything about it, I am just very angry with 02 and the way they treat their customers.
Anonymous

1st post

Hi there, my 1st post too,

I am soon to be an ex Vodafone customer of 11 years, i got messed around quite a lot last month with a new contract and phone I did not ask for (CS advisor taking the mick) & did not get any apology,
I am replying to you as it was only 2 weeks ago I was in the O2 store locally to look at the iphone and i did know about a new model being released but was told there was not one coming soon & that 3g was the latest & only one for a while,
obviously did not go ahead with anything but not there fault for being so out of touch with there own products, but as far as I know they have huge stock of the 3g iphone & heaps of the refurbished (reboxed) 16gb versions to get rid off

Hope you phone is at least entertaining,

i have yet to use one.
Anonymous

disgusted with o2

No offense but news has been on the internet for months about a 3GS being released sometime in June.

Didnt you research on the internet about it?
Anonymous

disgusted with o2

No one at o2 knew there was a new Iphone, so no, not utter bull.

The CEO of o2 had been at Apple the week before for details of the new OS and they didn't even tell him. Apple are immensely secretive, they're not known as the Willy Wonka of the tech world for nothing.
Anonymous

Re: disgusted with o2

Firstly I dont mind the fact that I am stuck with an 18 month contract, that is not the problem here. On the 2nd May 2009 my husband kindly treated me to a 16gb iphone costing £159 and also it is on an 18 month contract as my previous contract was due to run out, I had the 2g iphone. Anyway the next day 3rd May 2009 I see an article in the paper stated Apple were releasing a new iPhone 3g os. So I deceided to ring 02 to cancel my contract (as I knew I had 14 days to do so)I wanted to wait a few weeks for the new iPhone to be released. Whilst telling customer services I was going to cancel because a new phone was due on the market, he whole heartedly assured me Apple had no new plans to launch a new phone, only a new programme. I again asked him if he was sure as he worked for o2 and again I told him what I had seen in the newspaper. The phone call resulted in me believing him that it was only a new programme not a phone. So here I am stuck with an 18 month contract and told to pay £189 for the new version. What a laugh! I am totally disgusted with o2. I have again spoke with customer services today, and got absolutely nowhere. They said they didnt know of Apples plans, (which is utter bull). I know I cant do anything about it, I am just very angry with 02 and the way they treat their customers.

Apple make the I phone they market it and tell no one nothing until they are good and ready,but you blame o2 ........Get a grip and do some research before being disgusted.
Anonymous

yes i did

No offense but news has been on the internet for months about a 3GS being released sometime in June.

hello toilet duck, yes i did research, but like i say, i rung 02, who convinced me that a new phone wouldnt be available until Xmas 2009 and that it was only a programme that was coming out in June. So I believed them. At the end of the day 02 are a business and didnt want me to cancel my contract, even if it was only for a month or so, until the new iphone was released. A note to the 02 workers that have responded to my "bull" quote. I still believe you knew. But what would you care, you have my business for another 17 months.
Anonymous

Re: 1st post

Hi there, my 1st post too,
I am soon to be an ex Vodafone customer of 11 years, i got messed around quite a lot last month with a new contract and phone I did not ask for (CS advisor taking the mick) & did not get any apology,
I am replying to you as it was only 2 weeks ago I was in the O2 store locally to look at the iphone and i did know about a new model being released but was told there was not one coming soon & that 3g was the latest & only one for a while,
obviously did not go ahead with anything but not there fault for being so out of touch with there own products, but as far as I know they have huge stock of the 3g iphone & heaps of the refurbished (reboxed) 16gb versions to get rid off
Hope you phone is at least entertaining,
i have yet to use one.

Hi there I would like to say thankyou for your support, I am now worried I have a refurbished 16gb iphone. It seems funny that you went into the 02 shop only 2 weeks ago and they said to you that a new iphone wasnt coming out. 02 are cheeky! I do love the iphone thats why I decided to renew my contract as I had the original 2g version, but maybe after this contract runs out, I will do what everybody else does, and unlock it.
Anonymous

disgusted with o2

I work for O2 and we found out the day everyone else did. Apple did not announce the new iphone until the conference. There has been speculation about a new phone for months now and anyone who researches Apple products will know to wait until the WWDC to see if anything is announced before committing to anything. Just a shame that you did not do that.

I understand that you are disappointed however it is not O2's fault that a new phone launched after you had bought one. You wouldn't kick off if a car manufacturer announced a new car just after you had bought one so why do the same with a phone?
Anonymous

Re: disgusted with o2

Apple make the I phone they market it and tell no one nothing until they are good and ready,but you blame o2 ........Get a grip and do some research before being disgusted.

hello again i am repeating myself, i did my research, 02 assured me a new phone wasnt available, i have a right to be disgusted, and no i wont get a grip, my husband paid good money for a new phone, and like everybody else i want the new phone, video messaging would be just lovely, unfortunately i dont have the pleasure. Like many iphone users I am not the only one that is #### off to be stuck with a contract lasting quite some time, I thought at least 02 might do something, but as usual they just fobbed me off and everybody else, the only option they gave me was to pay off a 17 month, £35 contract, then fork out again for a new phone. So I hope you can understand why i am a little miffed, but thanks for your helpful comment!
Anonymous

Re: yes i did

hello toilet duck, yes i did research, but like i say, i rung 02, who convinced me that a new phone wouldnt be available until Xmas 2009 and that it was only a programme that was coming out in June. So I believed them. At the end of the day 02 are a business and didnt want me to cancel my contract, even if it was only for a month or so, until the new iphone was released. A note to the 02 workers that have responded to my "bull" quote. I still believe you knew. But what would you care, you have my business for another 17 months.

Doesn't make a difference to me, I still get paid the same so why would I have any reason to lie?

As for any back stock, these are being kept behind for replacements for faulty handsets and insurance claims. Not aware of much refurb stock though.