Did you mean: 

discount problem

Rob31
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Back in March I purchased a Samsung S22 Ultra - this came with a promotional (non-optional) offer of 3 months free airtime. Great stuff, I thought. But as NHS staff I've always claimed a 25% discount - when I tried to apply this online I couldn't due to the presence of this 3 month promotional offer. The NHS discount is worth quite a bit on a 2 or 3 year contract so I rang customer services (well within 28 days) to ask how I can get my discount applied, even if it meant forfeiting the promotional offer. It's no problem, the guy said, we can't apply it now due to the promotional offer being on there, but when the 3 months are up just ring back and we can add it then. Are you sure, I asked, what about the 28 day limit? No it's fine he said, they can make exceptions to that rule. He seemed confident so I didn't bother to confirm this with anyone else. Anyway I rang customer services on Saturday and, lo and behold, turns out he was talking absolute rubbish. I can't now apply my discount as 28 days is up! I argued this out for a bit - no fault of mine that I was fed incorrect information, however they seemed unwilling to help me. Pretty sure they could check what was said as I know the date and time I called. The operator's manager promised me a call-back but predictably there's no sign of that happening. Is there anything else I can do about this apart from putting in a complaint (which I have already)?  

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@Rob31 

The agent has talked rubbish I am afraid, as you can only have one discount, and you cant add any other discount after the other has finished. 

Like most call centres, if the call is not a financial or contract that needs to be signed, they dont tend to keep calls past 30/45 days, and after that they rely on the agent putting notes on the account... some are good some are bad, just like in the NHS, some put long notes on, some just put spoke to Bob etc..  

The only way is to see if the complaints team can help.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@Rob31 

The agent has talked rubbish I am afraid, as you can only have one discount, and you cant add any other discount after the other has finished. 

Like most call centres, if the call is not a financial or contract that needs to be signed, they dont tend to keep calls past 30/45 days, and after that they rely on the agent putting notes on the account... some are good some are bad, just like in the NHS, some put long notes on, some just put spoke to Bob etc..  

The only way is to see if the complaints team can help.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2