cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

declined new contract; no reason given

Anonymous
Not applicable

my phone broke and as i only had a three months of my contract left coupled with the new tariffs, it made sense to do an early upgrade. in the first store, they were out of stock of my desired phone (sony xperia T). in the second, they informed me i couldnt do an early upgrade in store; it had to be done over the phone and they'd post it to me. when i rang to do this, they said i couldnt because that phone was not available to post out. i went to another store and they were out of stock.

i then went back to the second store to take out a completely new contract whilst removing the bolt-on from my current one in order to pay this contract off simultaneously. they removed the web bolt-on, rang up to process the contract, handed the phone to me to answer questions then informed me it had been declined. i was shocked. no reason was given.

i then requested two credit reports to find out why because it ten years, i have never been refused credit and my finances have always been kept in check. the reports both showed nothing adverse so i rang o2 but they could not advise why it was declined. i then wrote a letter explaining the whole situation but as yet have not had a response. i have attempted the twitter route but it appears i am speaking to an automated service rather than a person who understands the issue.

i am now stuck in limbo; a very basic spare phone for well over a month (frustrating) and a declined contract with the worry that wherever I attempt to take out a new contract, it will be declined due to the mark o2 has left on my credit report. i am patiently waiting for o2 to respond to me about this and i would like to remain a loyal customer as i am usually happy with the service but i am getting to the point that i can no longer cope without a smartphone. this is all the more frustrating as i work for a large financial organisation in the complaints department and i can see how this should and could easily be resolved, resulting in a happy retained customer.

what am i meant to do about this, o2? please respond. thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

im not sure anyone will be able to tell you specifics, however depending on which store you went to o2/3rd party credit checks can vary.

The T is a good phone but also an older phone, my advise would be to choose a different device and call into O2 and try a new Refresh tariff.

Let us know how you get on

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

im not sure anyone will be able to tell you specifics, however depending on which store you went to o2/3rd party credit checks can vary.

The T is a good phone but also an older phone, my advise would be to choose a different device and call into O2 and try a new Refresh tariff.

Let us know how you get on

Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

This is a customer forum, so there really isn't anyone here who can give you a definitive answer. Some O2 employees are contributors, but in an unofficial capacity. One of them might be able to give you some further advice on how to proceed.

Have you moved recently? Are you on the electoral register?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Its not always a bad credit history that can affect you.

Lack of a credit history can have adverse effects too.

Also if their are a few mobile phone contract or other searches done it can look like your overstretching your finances. 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Have you recently moved house or changed your name?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
or is it o2 themselves who declined it ??? , i have found that since they have been taken over by , is it [telefonics ] the service has been not as good ,
Message 6 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
or is it o2 themselves who declined it ??? , i have found that since they have been taken over by , is it [telefonics ] the service has been not as good ,

that was a long time ago "On 30 November 2005, O2 agreed to a takeover by Telefónica, a Spanish telecommunications company" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O2_(United_Kingdom)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
This seems to be happening more and more lately it does seem wrong they can't tell you why
Message 8 of 8