cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I previously had an iphone on PAYG with Orange which for a £10 gave me unlimited texts, £10 worth of calls and 100MB of data a month. I'm a low user and primarily use wifi at work or at home. I left data roaming on all day (in UK) and never went over the data limit in the last three years.

I bought an HTC One X+ on a contract with O2 which offered pretty much the same deal i.e. unlimited texts, 50 minutes worth of calls and 100MB of data a month. After one day I've blown 12MB of data by leaving data roaming on!!

Any suggestions (apart from switch of the roaming!)?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

What phone was you using before?
If you have put apps on like facebook and google mail that are set to auto update then you will use data. 

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turn off mobile data & use wifi where possible

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I had an iphone 3GS 32GB, I opted for the HTC due to the 64MB for my music. My phone is really a MP3 player with a phone facility. I had oodles of apps on my iphone which I probably switched off auto updates on. The HTC has a lot of preloaded apps, I'll look through these and see which I can delete or switch off.
Cheers
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pretty confident in saying it is the auto updates that is eating your data. 

Hope you get it sorted, please let us know so we can help others. 

Message 5 of 5