Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AthensLockdown 

There are no changes planned currently. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Thank-you-for-the-Xmas-card/m-p/1426541#M213373

We currently have no plans to change our ‘Roam Like at Home’ arrangements, and we remain committed to providing our customers with great connectivity and value when they travel outside the UK.

All current roaming details and charges are outlined on our web pages below:

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AthensLockdown 

There are no changes planned currently. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Thank-you-for-the-Xmas-card/m-p/1426541#M213373

We currently have no plans to change our ‘Roam Like at Home’ arrangements, and we remain committed to providing our customers with great connectivity and value when they travel outside the UK.

All current roaming details and charges are outlined on our web pages below:

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AthensLockdown 

There have been no changes to charges from any mobile  network as yet. However, O2 do have a roaming fair use policy, which means you are only allowed to use your phone abroad for 63 days in any 4 month period.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy 

You may be better off using a local sim for a week or so, then using your O2 sim again.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AthensLockdown 

O2 must text you if they are to impose any restrictions due to the length of time out of the Uk, however, we have not heard of any such instances during the Covid crisis, so they may be being lenient.

If restrictions are imposed, you must register back on O2-UK for the timer to be reset, so using a local sim for a week won't help unfortunately.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

AthensLockdown
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks for the advice - really useful
Message 5 of 7

AthensLockdown
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
really helpful ! cheers
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7