cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service is it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 

So my daughter broke my phone and i was trying to do an early upgrade today. I use TU Go App on my tablet, phone has a cracked screen and doesn't respond to touch anymore so I cannot unlock it, however i can see when messages arrive and they display in the top bar as well. So the security code didn't arrive (Why they can't verify through bank account card for example while paying? Or with security answer that everybody has?) so I pressed 'send another code' too many times and got a screen saying I am locked for 24 hrs (which in itself is silly) for upgrade. I then went on chat with person who was useless but said to call the upgrade team and they will help. I been 'in the queue' for half hour for a guy to tell me I can easily go to a store and they will set up an upgrade for me, I asked if I will get the same deal though and he assured me I will. I went to store then and the seller managed to get the code to his pc from my phone, but I asked if he can give me the same deal I had online and he said no. It would cost £5 more monthly which obviously considering 24 months contract is  a lot of money. I asked him when can I try again online and he said he unlocked my account so I should be able to do it at home, said it doesn't last for 24 hrs but 2 hours only and said he doesn't have idea why anyone would claim it is 24. So I got home and tried again and after clicking on secure checkout again I got the screen about my account being locked for 24 hours for security... I went on complain chat then and the person I was talking to was most interested in my broken phone, for some bizzare reason I had to give him model etc (like it mattered in that case) and at first he said upgrade team will help me and then he said not, I am locked for 24 hrs and can't reset that. The thing is I am waiting for calls from doctors and I need my phone to go out of the house where I don't have wifi. And with next day delivery I would have it tomorrow, now it will be Monday. I said I will pay off the contract and go somewhere else because it is ridiculous and he was just repeating that i am locked and disconnected the chat before i managed to mail it to myself.... I have the window still open though and planning to make pictures. Anyone beware, if you have chance to go somewhere else, do it. Don't use o2.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would submit your concerns here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Live chat are ok for non account queries and it's always best speaking to 02 via 202

or landline. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I mi hope you get this sorted out one way or another. 

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call 202 and their advise was similarily useless. 

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The OP appears to have been given very confusing and conflicting advice. Pity no-one sings from 'the same hymn sheet'....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Put your sim card in a different phone so that you won't lose the code again next time - You will also be able to receive the call you are expecting.
Any old phone will do as long as it is unlocked or on O2 network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately the only old phones in this house are also broken lol. But that is not the issue - the codes didn't get lost...! They didn't arrive and I am a 100 % sure about that. The phone was on, there was no message sound, no envelope icon etc. And it works normally except the fact that touchscreen doesn't respond to touch...

Message 6 of 6