Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

current contract sim in iphone

im in the middle of a contract, doesnt end til next september. i get 600 minutes and unlimited texts.
if i got a 3gs on ebay or something, would i be able to put my sim card in it and just add a £7.50 data bolt on?
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,091

Re: current contract sim in iphone

Yes you could, just make sure it's on O2 or unlocked. I'm not one to buy off ebay etc, there's too many villains out there who think nothing of reporting it stolen for the insurance, but good luck on that.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

And change the apn's see my links or swap to an equilevant iPhone tariff
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

well i've saw a few online im keeping my eye on anyway.
would i need to change to an iphone contract? or could i just stay on mine and add a data bolt on? i don't need to use iphone specific stuff like visual voicemail. i've lived without it on my samsung so i wouldnt need it now Smiley Tongue
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

you can stay on your contract and add a bolton and change the defaut apn's
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

good stuff. i've only just caught on about what you meant with the insurance job though. if they reported the iphone stolen it would be locked automatically, correct?
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,091

Yes the handset would be locked and the seller paid by yourself and the insurance company.
But there again, many people have bought off ebay with no problems so at the end of the day you weigh up the risks and go with your gut instinct.
Anonymous

well i was considering trying to get one in my area so i can go check it out first, see if it looks a bit dodgy.
by the way, i've looked online and i'm not able to add the data bolt-on to my contract through my o2. is it still available?