cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crime

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 i have used your guru service twice now about a phone number that i have unknowingly been paying for on my account. A number that i do not know about or have ever used.

The guru guys reassured me that this was a mistake and said that the tranaction would be cancelled straight away and that the money wold be paid back into my account. Beliving that this would happen i happily ended the conversation 5 months later i find that the money is still coming out of my account and that the money hasn't been put back into my account!?

I have now cancelled the DD but i would like to know why i was told this issue would be ressolved and it wasn't? I have been out of the country for the last 9 months paying for a number i have never used, or even signed for this is out of order, unprofessional and frankly criminal.

I will never use 02 again and will advise friends, family and work collegues to find a provider that is more intouch with its customers needs.

Thanks for the 10 years of average service.

Yours sincerly

i would like my money back!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Same here @jonsie

I would be straight on the phone after the first payment to both o2 and my bank, and then checking every bill and every payment to o2
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sometimes we have to take partial culpability though that doesn't make the situation any less the responsibility of O2 in this. ID theft or fraud doesn't make it less serious and this particular  issue could and should have been handled better by both parties. After such a long gap it makes any investigation harder but I hope it's resolved as soon as possible. As said earlier, relying on live chat was unfortunate. 

Message 13 of 14

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community head. Do feel free to send me a PM if you'd like and we can look into sorting this out for you asap.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 14