credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Have over £100 in credit can anyone tell me what i can do with it

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was an interesting conversation when I needed to speak to payg customer service to turn off charge to mobile and had to confirm my balance.
Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah so all this credit @Anonymous as follows:

Paddyj £100
Jonsie £100
Gemz £320

Total £520. If I add £49 of my own I get a Note 4. Not greedy. Sensible.

Pm me for account details lol 😆😆😆
Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given all your Community rewards Bob you could afford to buy me the Note 4 you promised me for Xmas and then blamed Santa UK Mail for non delivery of.
Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
On a serious note though. Is there, or should there be, an obligation on o2 to advise customers who have large credit balances to encourage them to use them. @gemz4the1 reports £320 which is a lot of £ by anyone's standards
Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a shame we can't use such balances for hardware.

Chiara once spoke about being possibly able in the future to choose Credit to ones balance or another option to use against a purchase from O2 but it wasn't finalised @Anonymous

Hmmmm what I could buy. 😉

Message 15 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
With all that cash Bob you could probably buy o2 and still have change.
Message 16 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
With all that cash Bob you could probably buy o2 and still have change.

I'm very grateful to O2 and the team regarding the Rewards. 

It idoes mean that I haven't needed to Top Up for quite some time. 

Message 17 of 33

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
On a serious note though. Is there, or should there be, an obligation on o2 to advise customers who have large credit balances to encourage them to use them. @gemz4the1 reports £320 which is a lot of £ by anyone's standards

I know - even the woman who worked for Tesco's told the woman that she shouldn't have that much credit on her phone.  She only had a cheap-ish Samsung phone so the credit was probably 4 times as much as the phone was worth..... 😞

Message 18 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's always been the case that large credits can only be used to upgrade or to pay monthly tariffs. If you leave O2 you lose the credit as per the T&Cs.

Message 19 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst it is in the T&C's I must say I think that is a dreadful position to take. The money is NOT O2's to keep and I would suggest it is bordering on theft.

The utility companies have been taken to task on this recently. Mobile operators next???? Now that is one for OFCOM
Message 20 of 33