Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit check rejected

deepsoul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wanted to order the Apple Watch online. When I typed my bank card details the answer was "something went wrong"... or something like this. I realised there was a mistake in the system because I didn't change the address to my new address. After I changed the old address to the right address and the system rejected my application because my credit score is not enough for the minimum. I checked online my credit score and it's not bad. I've never missed a payment.

Is it can be a problem that I tried a few times with the wrong address? When can I try again? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@deepsoul 

If it is due to too many attempts it's best to leave it a couple of weeks before you try again online, but it might be worth you calling to see if customer services can override it for you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@deepsoul 

If you want to do it online then you need to wait for a few days otherwise the computer will still say No

Your best best is to contact customer services and order it that way https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Or go instore...

Hope that helps and welcome to the forumWelcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deepsoul 

Credit checking (with any organisation extending credit) usually involves address verification so if it doesn't match up it's pretty much a certainty it will decline.

As has been said, leave it a couple of weeks or possibly a month before you try again.

Oh and the credit score you can see on Equifax, Experian or TransUnion (formerly Callcredit) isn't a guarantee you'll get any specific credit agreement as this depends on the lender's credit decision procedures which they won't discuss with customers.

Good luck and remember, all good things come to those who wait.....

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just be aware that any credit check affects your credit rating. Too many checks in any given period will have an adverse effect.

Message 5 of 5