cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract up In april, can I upgrade now?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all,
basically my contract is up April 17th, Ive been with 02 for 18 months now. I have had the same phone all that time, Is it possible to upgrade now? Im on the £25 a month tariff

Also, The upgrade section of website says its experiencing technical difficulties, anyone else getting that?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
you can upgrade 30days early so if your final date is in april then yes you can, its usually easier to phone them and they'll do it over the phone for you slight_smile
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll give it a try now. Whats best number to ring for this sort of thing?
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
0870600710 or 202 n follow for upgrades

even if you get put through to the wrong department just tell them you want to upgrade and they'll transfer you slight_smile
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
just rang, march 18th is my upgrade date, long wait ahead now tongue
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
at least you know now lol slight_smile
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
they said I can upgrade on 18th, Im gonna ring on Monday and ask for upgrade. I've been with them 18 months, £25 a month. Im sure two days wont hurt them. Lets hope they got out of right side of bed
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
they said I can upgrade on 18th, Im gonna ring on Monday and ask for upgrade. I've been with them 18 months, £25 a month. Im sure two days wont hurt them. Lets hope they got out of right side of bed

in the grand scheme of things 2 days will hurt them.

83p per day they're losing on that. If they did a 2 day early upgrade for every customer those 83p's will soon be hurting them.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
But I want to keep the exact same contract, I just want a new phone. I dont see how that would hurt them as I would be paying the same regardless
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
No because the new contract will start 2 days early meaning they lose 2 days line rental.

To put it into perspective, say a customer is on a £30 tariff so £1 a day. I get this call at least 20 times a day. If I put them through just 1 day early it would cost o2 £20, if each of the 60 advisor's on my department put through 20 that would be £1200 lost in one day. Do that every day over the year it would cost o2 £424800.

So yes it hurts.
Message 10 of 14