cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant beeping noise

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and how's everyone doing tonight? ...just quick question every time I make a call from my o2 phone and get connected while I'm on the call I hear a constant beeping noise and it's like the line is some old 1950 lol....I've moved away from tv's and radio so it ain't anything interfering with it what could it be because it's really annoying constant beeping while I'm on the call.....Thanks. ..
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

is this everywhere or one location?

It could be a faulty sim getting one from a store and doing a swapmysim will eliminate the sim .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning @Anonymous 

Has this just happened or has it always ?

Which model of phone do you have ? as this may be a setting you have accidently turned on. Some phones have audible alerts settings that are set to beep to indicate how long you have been on a call.

Can you try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination.

Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello good morning......yup it does a light constant beep like beep beep beeeeeee like an old internet connection...
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
@bandofbrothers. ....tried in different phone aswell still does the same
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Samsung galaxy s4
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello good morning......yup it does a light constant beep like beep beep beeeeeee like an old internet connection...

I would suggest you look at your phones settings to see if their is a setting regarding a 'minute minder' etc, and or as i said put your sim in another phone is available.

If not then perhaps give O2 a call on 202 pay monthly or 4445 Payg to have your account checked , although im not thinking its at their end but its worth checking it out.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to settings/my device/ and scroll down to "call".

Then "call alerts".

Under "Call status tones" you will find all 3 settings like "call connect tone", "Minute minder", and "Call end tone".

De-select them and hopefully you're all set.

or check your call settings by going to the dialer and pressing the phone's menu button.  Select call settings-Call Alerts and check your call status tones.  If you're getting random tones during the calls, your minute minder is on.

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ok thanks @Anonymous I will try it another phone and check the settings thanks than will let u know
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked my settings minute minder is off used in another phone still does a constant beep beeeeeeeeeep beep like every few seconds @Anonymous
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Checked my settings minute minder is off used in another phone still does a constant beep beeeeeeeeeep beep like every few seconds @Anonymous

How very weird.

As a process of elimination by trying your sim card in another model of phone {not s4} and the alerts are turned off then the next avenue I think is to call O2 and have your account checked over.

Does this happen when you ring any number ? Can you speak to someone when the beeps happen.

ie: Your not ringing a Fax Number instead of a voice call number.

Message 10 of 21