cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company calling to upgrade me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Ive had a call from a company claiming to be calling on behalf of O2???? never had this before as ive always upgraded via My02 website account??

they convinced me that it was all above board and they are working on behalf of 02. 

I then  had another call from: cpwonlinesolutions.com, saying they couldnt get the new sim sorted as some details didnt match!!! now im worried, is this a scam or another company trying to take me away from 02???

what should i do?? the email address of the lady that phoned me today is:saraht@cpwonlinesolutions.com.

at bottom of email it says theyare part of the carphone warehouse.

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
CPW is carphonewarehouse. I have one of my contracts through them and have no problems. You will still be with o2 so if you're happy with the deal offered, go for it. It would be wise to research what they are offering and comparing to O2 direct first though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 do let vetted partners contact their customers to upgrade.

However my advice is to NOT upgrade etc via any cold call.

Do that online or in the high street shops or via 202 or at an independent, such as CPW

Google pulled up http://www.cpwonlinesolutions.com

You could email them and cancel and or ring O2 on 202 Cs and upgrade direct with them.

Did you give any bank details ?
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny I had a call yesterday the lady said she was from O2 Manchester and her first line was what network are you on eh hello you should know I put the phone down and blocked the number
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a call too Damien from the same people (Manchester was mentioned.)

I ended the call saying No thanks. I'm happy with what I'm on.
Message 4 of 28

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
CPW is carphonewarehouse. I have one of my contracts through them and have no problems. You will still be with o2 so if you're happy with the deal offered, go for it. It would be wise to research what they are offering and comparing to O2 direct first though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes but anyone can ring you up and say they are carphone warehouse and you give them all your details it could be anybody
Message 6 of 28

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
If they genuinely are CPW they will already have your details so there's no need to give them anything.
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on @Anonymous
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why would cpw have my details?
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the advise. they claimed the new sim would be a beter deal than im getting now, but having logged in and checked, this is not true, so im going to abandon it and stay as i am.

Thanks xx

Message 10 of 28