Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

charges

Hi, i am making a number of call to ROI from NI each day and have been getting some very large monthly bills, also making calls when in ROI to other ROI numbers, what is the best tariff / bolt on

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: charges

@darrengf I seem to remember you spent some time in Ireland during your roaming testing. Do you have any advice for @Anonymous? Thanks! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Topics: 708

@AnonymousSome of the charges would have occurred as Northern Ireland is classed as the UK

ROI is classed as Europe. Therefore you would have incurred roaming charges if calling between those two parts of Ireland. ...The charges incurred between ROI to numbers in the ROI would depend on whether you were calling mobiles or landlines. Either way it is still classed as Roaming...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 543
Solutions: 12,036

Unless I'm mistaken, the new (when it's finally rolled out) International calling service https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial is the only cheaper alternative ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

@Cleoriff wrote:

@AnonymousSome of the charges would have occurred as Northern Ireland is classed as the UK

ROI is classed as Europe. Therefore you would have incurred roaming charges if calling between those two parts of Ireland. ...The charges incurred between ROI to numbers in the ROI would depend on whether you were calling mobiles or landlines. Either way it is still classed as Roaming...

Calling ROI when in ROI would be free (included in UK allowances), the problem is the international charge for calling ROI from Ireland.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted

If that's the case then the OP needs to contact customer services as he quite clearly said he was charged for calls between ROI to numbers in the ROI !!...

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Enough from me now as I have no more advice to give.

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

If that part is incurring charges, they should indeed question it.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Community Manager

@MI5@Cleoriff thanks for jumping in on this one! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

Hardly jumped @Martin-O2.Smiley Wink

It took me a bit of time ...with the map of Ireland open in another tab before I answered...Happy Dance

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 3,482

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hardly jumped @Martin-O2.Smiley Wink

It took me a bit of time ...with the map of Ireland open in another tab before I answered...Happy Dance

Admirable Mexican Wave