cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i am making a number of call to ROI from NI each day and have been getting some very large monthly bills, also making calls when in ROI to other ROI numbers, what is the best tariff / bolt on

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unless I'm mistaken, the new (when it's finally rolled out) International calling service https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial is the only cheaper alternative ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@darrengf I seem to remember you spent some time in Ireland during your roaming testing. Do you have any advice for @Anonymous? Thanks! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousSome of the charges would have occurred as Northern Ireland is classed as the UK

ROI is classed as Europe. Therefore you would have incurred roaming charges if calling between those two parts of Ireland. ...The charges incurred between ROI to numbers in the ROI would depend on whether you were calling mobiles or landlines. Either way it is still classed as Roaming...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unless I'm mistaken, the new (when it's finally rolled out) International calling service https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial is the only cheaper alternative ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@AnonymousSome of the charges would have occurred as Northern Ireland is classed as the UK

ROI is classed as Europe. Therefore you would have incurred roaming charges if calling between those two parts of Ireland. ...The charges incurred between ROI to numbers in the ROI would depend on whether you were calling mobiles or landlines. Either way it is still classed as Roaming...

Calling ROI when in ROI would be free (included in UK allowances), the problem is the international charge for calling ROI from Ireland.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If that's the case then the OP needs to contact customer services as he quite clearly said he was charged for calls between ROI to numbers in the ROI !!...

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Enough from me now as I have no more advice to give.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If that part is incurring charges, they should indeed question it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5@Cleoriff thanks for jumping in on this one! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hardly jumped @Martin-O2.:smileywink:

It took me a bit of time ...with the map of Ireland open in another tab before I answered...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hardly jumped @Martin-O2.:smileywink:

It took me a bit of time ...with the map of Ireland open in another tab before I answered...Happy Dance

Admirable Mexican Wave

Message 10 of 13