Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

changing the name of person on contract

can anyone tell me if o2 can change the name on the contract, my daughter took a contract out for her boyfriend of course they have since split up, he is happy to take the contract over in full but car phone warehouse where they took the contract out wont let them but were happy to change who paid the bills and the boyfriends bank details were entered on the contract however if he does not pay them i assume she is still liable. why cant they change this if both parties are happy to do so? can someone help please as to what we can do?
Anonymous

Re: changing the name of person on contract

Once a contract is taken out the name on it cannot be changed, O2 insists it stays in the name of the person who was credit checked because they agreed to be legally liable for the full term. There is no way around this. If her boyfriend defaults she could always get a replacement sim issued to her so she can use what she's paying for, other than that people should never take out legally binding contracts for other people, there is usually a good reason they can't get one themselves.
Anonymous

thanks for that.it was because he had just lost his job so she was helping him out he had a contract before. told her she was silly but i did not know until after hey ho we all learn the hard way, will just have to keep an eye on it did say about getting sim changed but she does not want to upset the apple cart i say do it. cheers
Anonymous

If he says he's going to pay it, he may as well have a chance, but I'd urge her to keep an eye on the online bill and at the first sign of trouble take I off him. She doesn't even need o speak to him directlyjust ask O2 for a new sim and register it.
Anonymous

yes certainly will do. hey ho joys of growing up and learning the hard way. thanks for your help