Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing refresh duration

abarcpet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i always had 12 monthly upgrades. No wit is 3 yearly. I neevr knwoingly chose that. I feel like there has been a mistake. But O2 do nothign whatsoveer to help, beyond sayign i can pay off balanc eof my device. I have 3 phones with O2 and lookign at a 4th yet, noone helps. Getting really fed up. What can I do? am thinkign of choosing another provider.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

abarcpet
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

excuse my typing. ooopps!!

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@abarcpet 

Just call customer service to overpay your device plan each month.

If you work out the correct monthly increase, you can pay it off in 12 months.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
You can choose the duration of the refresh period, so just change it using the buttons when signing up.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 10

abarcpet
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok thanks, one way of doing it, but what confuses me, is that i was on 12 monthly and now 36 monthly and no way would i have chosen that. I spent 2 hours on phone and messenger talking to 4 different people and none of them really seem able to help. so have raised a complaint. i really want to get out of everythign and change provider if they cant show some flxibility, considering i am decent customer and actually i am not after any freebie or anything. seems odd they dont help. 

your idea is decent, but i think that they should sort me out now. No chance i would have deliberately chosen 36 months. Why the inflexibiility?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@abarcpet 

The device plan is a fixed term loan agreement so can only be changed by paying it off completely.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

abarcpet
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thats fair enough, but i was always payign device over 2 years with free annual upgrade , to trade in phone and get new phone. Soemone, somewhere changed that. I dont believe it was me. Hence my irritation. Their inflexibility irritates. I appreciate that now, i am behind, if i had wished to do say 24 months, so would need to catch up, but it shoudlnt have been this situation. I am very confused

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@abarcpet 

The free annual upgrades stopped when they introduced the custom plan tariffs.

You now choose the duration from 3 months to 3 years yourself.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

abarcpet
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

that sounds perfect to me. My problem is, I was totally unawre of that. Very simple process it seems, yet I didnt know.

Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
The default option (before you change anything) is now 36 months.
If you didn't notice that then you it may have been an error.
As @MI5 says, they stopped the annual upgrade scheme and allowed people to choose the length of the device plan.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10