cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing price plan (pay monthly)

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has probably been asked before and I'm being a bit blind...

I have 600 mins (+500 for o2 numbers) on my PM tariff...I was looking at going on the unlimited mins (I presume there is a cap so people don't abuse the system) however, I'm about 1/2 way though my billing month...

so if I was to change it today - would it start at Midnight/straight away/bill day (15th) - if midnight/straight away I would assume (rightly so) that the bill would be pro rata'd etc (which I understand as have worked in the phone industry before) just not sure of the change over dates...help anyone?? slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right, yes. Changes from MyO2 generally go through on the next billing date, if you can't see the tariff you want to change to in MyO2 or if you want it any sooner just call 202. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This has probably been asked before and I'm being a bit blind...

I have 600 mins (+500 for o2 numbers) on my PM tariff...I was looking at going on the unlimited mins (I presume there is a cap so people don't abuse the system) however, I'm about 1/2 way though my billing month...

so if I was to change it today - would it start at Midnight/straight away/bill day (15th) - if midnight/straight away I would assume (rightly so) that the bill would be pro rata'd etc (which I understand as have worked in the phone industry before) just not sure of the change over dates...help anyone?? slight_smile

Yup, there's a fair use policy on unlimited tariffs. Sounds like you're on the £16/mo 12 month simo? If so if you change it on MyO2 it'll change over on your next billing date, if you call customer service on 202 they're able to change it sooner.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on...O2 600 24 month Extra, 500 O2 to O2 mins, unlimited texts (£26.83 per month +vat), not a simo deal...

I presume then it would still change on the bill date then

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right, yes. Changes from MyO2 generally go through on the next billing date, if you can't see the tariff you want to change to in MyO2 or if you want it any sooner just call 202. Hope that helps.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

ahhh right ok - thanks for the advice - i'll give them a call tomorrow so I can see if it can be changed straight away Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice again- plan changed and should be up and running within 24 hours with an unlimited call plan...

Bev in the call centre was super, efficient and very friendly - exactly what I'd expect from O2!! slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you got it sorted customer services are normally very good in my experience
Message 7 of 7