Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

changing number when getting a new phone

im planning on getting a new phone from mobiles.co.uk, on a o2 pay monthly contract, i already have a simplicity contract and i was woundering if id be able to keep the same number on my new contract when i cancel my simplicity contract?
Anonymous

Unfortunatly not, you cant port a number from an o2 contract to another o2 contract.

Hope this helps.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You can if you go via pay-as-yo-go.
Anonymous

Or if one contract is an online one and the other is an offline one.
Anonymous

Re: changing number when getting a new phone

im planning on getting a new phone from mobiles.co.uk, on a o2 pay monthly contract, i already have a simplicity contract and i was woundering if id be able to keep the same number on my new contract when i cancel my simplicity contract?

The only way to do it would be to transfer your number from Simplicity to Pay & Go and then from Pay & Go to your new contract with mobiles.co.uk. BUT if you are going to a O2 contract with mobiles.co.uk and if you get a free bolt-on as part of the tariff, you will only be able to have the Unlimited Texts bolt-on or the Unlimited Blackberry bolt-on (if you have a Blackberry phone) and you wont be able to change to one of the other free bolt-ons, like you could do if you have a contract directly with O2.