Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

changing from Simplicity to O2 PayG?

Hi,

Just what the subject says, really... I'm on a £20/month Simplicity contract and want to change to a Pay-As-You-Go with O2, as that is more in line with my current requirements and financial situation. Obviously I want to retain my old number. Can I do it in a straightforward way by contacting O2 customer service, or would it have to be in a more roundabout way (get PACS code, get a PayG SIM, change number, then cancel Simplicity contract... I'm assuming here that porting a number to Pay-As-You-Go is no problem).

Would appreciate any helpful advice... thanks!
Highlighted
Level 9: Fired up

Hi,

You need a PAC code and a PAYG sim to go from contract to PAYG. after submitting your PAC code the process will take 2 working days (mon to Fri).
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping somehow my currently Simplicity contract could be "converted" to Pay-and-Go with O2. I have a Tesco Pay-And-Go SIM that I haven't used for quite a while so I could transfer the number to it, but I was hoping I could stick with O2 network through PayG without having to buy a new SIM. So you're saying that that (i.e. Simplicity->PayG with O2 without changing SIM) can't be done?
Highlighted

yeah unfortunately that is the case, although u wont have to buy a sim they usually get sent from O2 FOC with your PAC code in a letter.
Highlighted
Anonymous

OK... I will call customer service. Thanks for your help!
Highlighted
Anonymous

When my brother did this, he didn't need a PAC.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You dont need a pac code if its just an O2 -> O2 switch, you dont need a new sim either.
Highlighted

Yes you DO need a PAC code to go from contract to prepay. simplicity IS a contract. I think you better ring Customer Services as pay are getting conflicting info on here.
The PAC code is generated as an authorisation that you are not in arrears and are out of contract and can move your number. every contract need a PAC code. the only time you dont need a PAC code is to go from O2 prepay to O2 contract as it is within O2 and obviously you cant get into arrears on prepay and there is no contract.

As i said you are getting conflicting info on here, ring Customer Services.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm planning to do it during the day today; I'll reply back to this thread and let you guys know exactly how it works out.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just to let everyone know that dsloan was absolutely right. O2 are sending me a new PayG SIM and the PACS code for my current number, and I need to submit this to their PayG department. THanks for your help, dsloan