cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change to sim only contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,  i am on a 24 month contract which included a mobile which ends on the 18th April.

I plan to switch to a pay monthly sim only, staying with o2. I believe i have to give 30 days notice to end existing contract. I want to keep my same mobile number, so if i order sim only contract online do they send me a new sim card or just alter billing details and keep sim i've got. I don't want any hassle of changing my number.

Thanks for your replies

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You don't have to do anything. At the end of your 24 month contract it just becomes a one month rolling contract on the tariff you're on. There's nothing to transfer anywhere, unless you want to change your tariff. The only time you would have to give 30 days notice is if you want to cancel completely.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

No You can keep your mobile number.

Just give O2 a call when it's time and they will transfer things across for you.

You'll be able to use the same sim card unless your moving to a new sized sim in which case a swap my sim can be done via the online form after picking up an account specific blank SIM card from any O2 shop or they can do the swap Instore for you.
Message 2 of 24

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You don't have to do anything. At the end of your 24 month contract it just becomes a one month rolling contract on the tariff you're on. There's nothing to transfer anywhere, unless you want to change your tariff. The only time you would have to give 30 days notice is if you want to cancel completely.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks,so do i need to order sim or just tel. o2 30 days before contract existing ends and then

tel. again on last day of contract to change to sim onlt, thanks

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, that's great, thanks for replies
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Either drop onto a rolling 30 day contract or ask to be put onto a payg account.

You can upgrade back if and when that suits you if you want a new phone.

If you don't want to stay on your current tariff then give them a call and see what's available to you on a sim only contract.
Message 6 of 24

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If you plan to use the same phone you don't need to change your sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

my contract was up in March and i didnt upgrade, i have only just realised that my tariff didnt actually change i am still paying the same money as i was before even though the handset is now paid off.

should my tariff have automatically reduced since the balance for the handset was paid off?

thanks!

Message 8 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your airtime tariff will roll on a 30 day basis until you all O2 to change it.

Message 9 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Steph87 wrote: 

should my tariff have automatically reduced since the balance for the handset was paid off?

No, it would only reduce if you requested a change yourself.

You can drop to a sim only tariff which will save you money or go onto PAYG if you wish but if you do nothing it will just continue as it is.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 24