Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

censored nicely so please don't delete mod :)

******* hell man 25p for a 5 second phone call
someone needs to sort their ****, O2
come on, i just phoned a blank voicemail sounding like it's connected, then again, then again just to see how much my balance went down, it looked like it changed a bit. 75p.
least you can do is not charge calls that didn't happen, when it's happened before, O2. fair enough you don't want the network clogged with prank calls but a little customer service.. hasn't existed yet in over 10 years. the lend me a quid doesn't do much good at peak time either, about 40 seconds of credit.
not impressed O2.
Anonymous

Re: censored nicely so please don't delete mod :)

If the call connects it is charged, and on PAYG that is a min 25p
Similar applies from a BT landline and they term it a call setup charge
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,254

How strange that if it charged you 25p the first time, why on earth did you surrender another 50p just to see what you were charged?
A little common sense is called for, surely?
Anonymous

So you call a number to see how much it costs, but don't want to pay the cost? Not the brightest complaint I've ever seen Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

if it really costs that much to handle a call on the carrier (satellite end) each time, which it doesn't, then fair enough. but something's wrong with peak prices reflecting that.
i did just explain myself being bemused at an absurd cost, so yeah when i'm not used to paying though the nose i do question it, another 25p instead of asking for an itemised bill is just an easier way to go.
yeah i am a little sleep deprived.. so what Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

heh, my bad for posting on a customers only forum expecting a response, i did assume someone from O2 would be regularly checking them over.. well it seems that's not what's happening here. to me it is kinda why these forums would be here, as in: this might as well be a forum about generic network user problems.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

It says clearly on the forum home page what goes on here:
* Get your O2 questions answered
* Communicate with other forum members
* Post your answers and help other users
If you need a direct response from O2 you must phone them.
Hundreds of thousands of people get their problems solved and some good advice here, so I can't see why you appear not to approve.
Still some people do some daft things don't they?
All the call charges are given on the main web site, so your exercise was a bit pointless.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,254

i did just explain myself being bemused at an absurd cost, so yeah when i'm not used to paying though the nose i do question it, another 25p instead of asking for an itemised bill is just an easier way to go.
yeah i am a little sleep deprived.. so what Smiley Very Happy

I could possibly understand another call to verify the cost, but two.....?
Anonymous

* Get your O2 questions answered
* Communicate with other forum members
* Post your answers and help other users

a quick skimread of that doesn't imply nobody from O2 will be there?
it's not a personal thing, as i said my point is "you", as in O2, should actively incorporate transparency and customer service the likes of which are not apparent right now, i'm talking about user issues like the one i mentioned.
if that's not what a customer forum is for/covers.. god help us all with our strict regulations of what we're allowed to complain about and where.
if that's not possible with the current generation of handset software and network software, some group of service providers need to be a little more honest about the charges that could be incurred by, yes, a daft customer. who cares if i'm daft or not, i care about the next person as a potentially daft one.
i've now sent in a complaint to O2, hope that should get the ball rolling if at all possible.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

You have no grounds for a complaint as you were charged the correct price for the calls you made.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1