Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant use my data

EvilScotzman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK so I had a contract with o2 I had a samsung S8 plus with 5GB of data and unlimited text and calls, I was a few months away from a upgrade (3- 4 months) so I decided to pay it off the difference and upgrade to the samsung s10 plus with 40GB of data unlimited text and calls

I've had the new phone with the new contract for just over a week now when I got a text saying I used up all my data, so I decided to check my o2 since using 40GB of data in just a week is crazy. As I suspected it says I still have 35GB of data remaining to use.

Despite still having the 35GB of data remaining I am unable to to use my mobile data I have tried the online o2 chat, they were useless, I went into the o2 shop they where a bit more helpful but still had no idea what the problem was, they tried a new sim but that hasn't helped either, I've tried resetting the network setting etc as well as a hard reset and restoring it back to default setting but nothing is fixing the issues. I was event give and extra 500 mb for free from o2 but I cant use that either

I'm going travelling over the weekend and it will be a nightmare without any mobile data on my phone anybody any idea how I could fix it

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll need to get customer service to investigate it for you as it sounds like your account setup is wrong. They maybe have you on the wrong data tariff, probably a Blackberry one!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@EvilScotzman 

Have you called 202 to speak to customer service about this?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EvilScotzman
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes calls and texts are ok, its juts my data i'm having an issue with 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll need to get customer service to investigate it for you as it sounds like your account setup is wrong. They maybe have you on the wrong data tariff, probably a Blackberry one!

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

EvilScotzman
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeh thats what i was thinking, i was hoping i wouldn't have to phone then, im away taverling and not back in the country until tuesday was hoping to have it fixed before i left but guess ill have to wait until im back 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's free to call from abroad +44 344 809 0202

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7