cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellng contact

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im due to upgrade tomorrow and the phone I want isnt available online so if I took my contract out in dec 2010 when would my contract terminate thank you
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could change your contract into a sim only until your phone of interest becomes available or you buy it sim free.

30 day and 12 month ones exist.

Look in your myo2 or ring customer service on 202 for more info on your current tariff. I'm thinking you'll be on a 30 day rolling contract now as most tariffs are for 24 months. They don't terminate unless you give 30 days notice to O2
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Your contract never terminates automatically.
It will continue until you stop it or upgrade it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you could ask them to change it to a pay as you go account if you wish.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
What phone is it you are waiting for?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you I want an I phone 5c 32g but they dont have them
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice choice of phone.

Look here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/#brand=Apple&page=1

I'm sure the Apple Store have them in stock. iPhone 5c

You may have difficulty getting the capacity you want. 

You could try in store at an Apple Shop or try CEX Here

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
They are available from giffgaff and you could just take a simo contract from O2 to save paying any phone costs http://giffgaff.com/apple/apple-iphone-5c/phone-details#specification

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I rang up and cancelled my contract in June. I was assured this would be done but it is now October and I have received yet another bill. I have cancelled my direct debit payment at bank, and could kick myself that I hve been paying for a phone I havent used for 3 months. I thought when you cancelled and were given a date for contract to end. (August 4th)  then 02 would cease taking payments. I was obviously wrong.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
They should cancel but for some reason this has failed.
You still need to pay any bills due and then try and get the money back, otherwise you will have a default placed on your credit file.
You should now cancel again and escalate the issue to complaints http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Help regarding cancelling is here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11