cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellng contact

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im due to upgrade tomorrow and the phone I want isnt available online so if I took my contract out in dec 2010 when would my contract terminate thank you
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I rang up and cancelled my contract in June. I was assured this would be done but it is now October and I have received yet another bill. I have cancelled my direct debit payment at bank, and could kick myself that I hve been paying for a phone I havent used for 3 months. I thought when you cancelled and were given a date for contract to end. (August 4th)  then 02 would cease taking payments. I was obviously wrong.

This highlights why it is imperative that you have some form of proof that the cancellation was received especially if you aren't retaining your number by using a PAC. The use of a PAC automatically cancels an account so there is less need for proof the request was received. However if you are simply cancelling and don't wish to keep your number you must get proof that your notice has been received. Easiest way is to do so in writing by recorded delivery as per my guide that MI5 linked.

Unfortunately as long as retentions departments are incentivised to keep customers, issues such as this are always going to arise. It's not just O2 either, you can read about similar cases from most other networks not to mention many other industries too

Message 11 of 11