cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling contract and remain on old terms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Took out a new contract online on 17 January - sent the phone back as it didnt do what i needed it to do!  Anyway can I now cancel my contract and go back to the way I was so I can get a new contract instore.  Could I cancel online contract instore?

On checking through my workplace I am entitled to 30% off instore only on refresh, so i would probably get a better deal instore than online.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I always advocate going into store but that's my choice.

Has O2 confirmed receipt of the returned phone.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I always advocate going into store but that's my choice.

Has O2 confirmed receipt of the returned phone.
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You have seven working days as a cooling off period. Best thing would be to go in store, if that's where you took the contract out and see what can be done.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't received any notification as yet for them receiving the phone - they should have received yesterday! do they email you or would i just ask online?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would ring them to make sure.

Don't use live chat.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyway can I now cancel my contract and go back to the way I was so I can get a new contract instore.

No, once you cancel the new contract you cannot go back to your old one, once gone it is gone forever!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, in your 7 days cooling off period, you can once exchange the phone if you're not happy with your choice, saves a lot of hassle in my opinion.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you check the new terms and conditions if you do sign up again and look out for the sneaky wording on price increases
Message 9 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, in your 7 days cooling off period, you can once exchange the phone if you're not happy with your choice, saves a lot of hassle in my opinion.

It might not sent it be possible as they sent it back instead of asking for another model.

I'm fairly sure that will cancel the new contract too, so they will have to start again.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 10