cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling an upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my phone and have chosen a phone online rather than looking through it in the shop.  When I get my phone and if I choose to cancel within 7 days, will this commpletely cancel the contract with o2 or will it revert back to the previous tariff (am upgrading early)?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm thinking this may revert the contract.

Your best bet would be to phone CS and tell them what's going on.

The other thing you could try is upon recipt on upgrade visit an O2 shop with the sealed box and have a word with them
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Speaking from my experience I would be careful.. I had a lot of problems getting my last upgrade - the phone got crushed by the courier and it then took me 4 weeks to get a replacement.  At the time I was 50/50 on the HTC or Iphone, so went HTC.  I unpacked the phone, put the sim in and within 30 minutes called CS to cancel the upgrade to move to Iphone as I realised my mistake!  Wish I had gone through stores.. When I rang CS they refused to move me to IPhone or cancel my contract stating that by placing SIM in and also my 4 week delay took me out of the 7 day refusel..

Still stuck with them now! and the stupid HTC.

Dave

Message 3 of 3