cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling a contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I currently have 2 contracts with 02 one blackberry and 1 iphone, when I purchased the iphone contract in store, the store told me I could lower the blackberry contract online, so the next day I messaged them and they said I couldnt lower it and had to pay £521 to cancel.

Just tried to cancel today and they want £521 even though I tried cancelling the contract 6 months ago it is still the same price however been paying my £60 contract a month.

Is this correct?

I need some help as driving me mad!

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Call Customer Services on 202 from your phone. It's a free call and they will tell you how much you would need to pay on whichever contract you want to cancel.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Call Customer Services on 202 from your phone. It's a free call and they will tell you how much you would need to pay on whichever contract you want to cancel.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Lowering the tariff midway through a contract has been removed from contracts for I think nearly 2 years.

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think it was amended for contracts taken out after March 2012, however the rules for terminating the contract haven't changed. You pay the number of months remaing multiplied by your monthly tariff (less any bolt ons). Phone 202 free for a termination figure.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I think it was amended for contracts taken out after March 2012, however the rules for terminating the contract haven't changed. You pay the number of months remaing multiplied by your monthly tariff (less any bolt ons). Phone 202 free for a termination figure.

I know it suits some but this option always seems such a waste to me why pay for it and not get any use out of it slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I know it suits some but this option always seems such a waste to me why pay for it and not get any use out of it slight_smile

exactly, sim free is the way to go or try the new o2 refresh

Message 6 of 6