cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling a contract/contract buy out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, how do i go about cancelling or buying out my contract? It's finishing in November but my contract phone is broken and i'm using an old phone with my contract sim and it's doing my head in.

Any advice welcome.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Request PZC code from O2 - it can be a bit long winded. Either call 202 (so it's free) or use the online chat. They will try to get you to stay, but stick to your guns and request the PAC code. Once you have your PAC code, you can transfer your number to a new phone. You have 30 days to use the code, and your contact will be cancelled once the PAC code is used. If you don't use it in 30 days, you'll need to request another one. O2 will usually send you a final bill about 14 days later. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You need to call Customer Services on 202, which is a free call from your mobile. Be aware that you will still have to pay the remaining months of your contract if you cancel now. You might be better off going out and buying a better phone sim free and using your remaining months up.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,i'm prepared to pay up to buy it out as it's not a high tariff anyway and i can get a great deal through carphone warehouse on another contracted mobile.

I can get a Samsung s3 mini on £13 a month which gives 100 mins x network,unlimited texts and 100 mb data,a similar 02 deal will charge me £22 with a one off charge for the handset.

#nobrainer

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey.

I'd ask around your friends or work colleagues to borrow a phone.

A lot of people have old dumb down phones or redundant older smart phones clunking around in a drawer !

Places like CEX sell older phones and traded in unwanted upgrades.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah i have a few older handsets knocking around but i want out of my 02 contract,i've done a bit of shopping around and found there's loads of better deals out there.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's fair enough.

Hope all goes well.
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah i have a few older handsets knocking around but i want out of my 02 contract,i've done a bit of shopping around and found there's loads of better deals out there.

If you want out of your contract you still need to give O2 30 days notice. If you are moving to another network and want to keep your number you need to ask for your PAC when you give your notice. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Request PZC code from O2 - it can be a bit long winded. Either call 202 (so it's free) or use the online chat. They will try to get you to stay, but stick to your guns and request the PAC code. Once you have your PAC code, you can transfer your number to a new phone. You have 30 days to use the code, and your contact will be cancelled once the PAC code is used. If you don't use it in 30 days, you'll need to request another one. O2 will usually send you a final bill about 14 days later. Good luck.
Message 8 of 8