Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

cancelled direct debit

Hi,
I just want to check, I've accidentally cancelled my DD (along with several others) for O2. My bank has changed the internet banking portal and I clicked the wrong thing apparently..but anyway..
I just want to check...my bill usually comes out the 1st of the month..if i call to pay it by then my service won't be interuppted at all ? cut off etc? thanks
Highlighted
Topics: 570
Solutions: 3,783

Re: cancelled direct debit

If your bill is issued on the 1st of each month, the payment due date will be the 15th of the month. I would make a payment during the 1st-7th of the month and you shouldn't have a problem.
Hopefully by the next bill you will have the DD back in situ.
Highlighted
Anonymous

If your bill is issued on the 1st of each month, the payment due date will be the 15th of the month. I would make a payment during the 1st-7th of the month and you shouldn't have a problem.
Hopefully by the next bill you will have the DD back in situ.

Thanks
yeah it will be set up again after this one.
my bill was issued on the 18th of march..DD usual comes out 1st/2nd of the month after..will this affect it?
Highlighted
Topics: 570
Solutions: 3,783

Sorry, I thought the bill was issued on the 1st of the month. If I was you, I would call to make payment on Monday as a debit card payment will normally take 2 days to clear with your bank. That's leaving it a little bit fine so I think it's better to speak to an operative to make sure you get continuous service.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Sorry, I thought the bill was issued on the 1st of the month. If I was you, I would call to make payment on Monday as a debit card payment will normally take 2 days to clear with your bank. That's leaving it a little bit fine so I think it's better to speak to an operative to make sure you get continuous service.

I did speak to someone when the cancellation occurred after speaking to my bank, the operative did say I'd have to make a payment by the 1st but the DD was still showing active at their end. The bank did say that the DD wouln't show cancelled straight away with O2.
I've just double checked my online banking and the DD has been cancelled as of today..I did read somewhere I have 14 days to make a payment from issue of bill which would be the 1st april..would this still be the case as I can't actually afford to make any payment until 31st March at the earliest.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 will not apply a bar to an acc in the first 7 days after it's due ( day 21 of the bill cycle). If you call in and make a manual paymentbto an agent over the phone it clears instantly, the automated line and online have a bit of a delay of up to 48 hours max.