Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

cancellation of mobile account

Anyone have any issues with cancellation of their pay monthly contract?
My mobile contract was due to end on 24 September 2011, I made a payment over the phone on 26 September 2011 so that the account was fully paid upto date and as I had already given my 30 day notice so that it would coincide with the renewal date, I was told my account will be cancelled as requested.
However, checking online, it says that a payment of £25.53 is due on 10 October 2011, balance is £0 as I have not used it since, and the next bill date is 26 October 2011.
Now, to me that suggests to me that the contract has not been cancelled, that I still owe £25.53 and will be billed £25.53 which is the monthly cost on 26 October 2011. Yet with it saying that I owe £0 is confusing.
What makes it worse is that I called customer services and was confirmed yes it will be cancelled.
So what is going on? Is it just how the website is, or are they just fobbing me off? I say this because the sim still has a signal, can still receive sms and calls, haven't tried making a call as I don't want to pay just to test it out.
Previously, when I gave my 30 day notice to a mobile company, the mobile is cutoff at the end of the 30 day notice, but as you can see, this is not the case.....
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: cancellation of mobile account

When did you give your 30 days notice?
Highlighted
Anonymous

You don't say when you put in the 30 day notice? For your contract to close on 26th September this would have to have happened on 26th August. Is this correct? If it was placed yesterday then the account will close on 25th Oct.
The online bill is a permanent record and your bill was produced on the 26th for payment on the 10th so, even though payment has been made, the bill will continue to say this, just as printed paper bills cannot change to reflect payments made. The fact that your balance is £0.00 is what matters. As your payment covers you up to the 25th Oct, if your line closes the next day you won't be billed any more, if your account is to close today then the whole month should be credited back on the final bill (two weeks after the cancellation happens)
Sorry for the "either or" explanation but your post isn't too clear on dates.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Notice was given 30 days prior to the renewal date
Highlighted
Anonymous

You're not helping Smiley Very Happy
Do you mean the monthly renewal of tne allowances or the end of the contract? are you saying you gave notice in August?
If so, did you request a PAC?
So long as you didn't request a PAC the account should have closed if notice was definitely given before the August bill was produced.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You're not helping Smiley Very Happy
Do you mean the monthly renewal of tne allowances or the end of the contract? are you saying you gave notice in August?
If so, did you request a PAC?

Smiley Tongue
30 days prior to the end of the contract
No pac, as I using a company mobile now, well... sim card coz the mobile is #### Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

If I was you I would check again tomorrow. If you gave notice on the day the previous bill was produced it would have the knock on effect of a normal bill being produced this month as well, which is what you are seeing (I hope my earlier explanation of why it looks like that made sense).
If this is the case then your final bill should credit all but that day back to you. If it isn't closed tomorrow I'd ask what exact day notice was placed, to make sure something hasn't gone wrong.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just called, must have been the system running slow to disconnect, as the woman on the phone confirmed it has already been disconnected, then noticed the phone now says no service.... Wish I had looked before calling... :robotsurprised:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just called, must have been the system running slow to disconnect, as the woman on the phone confirmed it has already been disconnected, then noticed the phone now says no service.... Wish I had looked before calling... :robotsurprised:

Ah the law of sod. Smiley Very Happy I'm sure they didn't mind you calling for some peace of mind. Smiley Happy