cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't buy anymore data

Anonymous
Not applicable

so i ran out of data, I bought an extra 500mb a couple times, ran out again, and then when I try to buy more data, it only offered the 100mb option. So I bought that a couple times, ran out of data again, and now it won't even let me buy anymore data....

is this by design? is something wrong with my account?

DO THEY NOT WANT MY MONEY???

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You've most likely exceeded your monthly limit.
If this is a regular thing, think about changing your tariff to one with more data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You've most likely exceeded your monthly limit.
If this is a regular thing, think about changing your tariff to one with more data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in a new location with no wifi, which is why i've used so much this month. I have just changed my tariff from 2gb to 5gb/month so this should help.

What do you mean by most likely? Are you saying that there is a limit to how much data you can buy in a month?? Isn't that.... stupid? Maybe it's just a ploy to get people to upgrade to a higher monthly tariff. Actually I am pretty sure that's why... wlel they just lost money from me, because I would have been perfectly happy to buy extra 500mb bolt ons when I needed it, for an extra £6, which I would have done at least once a month probably. Now on the new tariff I pay an extra £6/month, for an extra 3gb of data. They should definitely give the option to be able to buy as much data bolt on as you want every month, it means more money for them, and it's not like THEY are the ones running out of data....

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What I mean is that is most likely a strange ruling that caps your spending on bolt ons.
I've never bought so many so I don't know what it is.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah well it must be the only explanation.... doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever.... thanks for your help anyway!

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI , I don't know if the cap depends on your tariff, but IIRC I bought:

- 500mb x2 - after this I could not longer buy 500mb, only 100mb
- 100mb x3 - after this I could no longer buy anymore 

This was on a 2gb/month contract. weird that the bolt ons stop at 1.3gb... not sure how they pick this threshold...

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! How are you doing today? 

Yes there are some limits and you're right, it depends on the tariff - the higher the data allowance, the more can be added. However, the latest tariffs though have no limits as to how many can be added. @MI5 is correct in his advice above to change the tariff as it's far cheaper to start off with the higher allowance of data. smiling

Let us know if you have any further questions, and have a lovely weekend! sun

Message 7 of 7