Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

can i cancel direct debit and pay online?

Hiya,
I'm on pay monthly, i pay £35 a month via direct debit. However, I'm now on maternity leave and get payments weekly, so it'd be easier for me to pay bit by bit rather than one sum at end of month. Is there any way I can change it so I pay online when/before payments due, rather than direct debit? I saw a bit on my o2 page, but it says you can make a payment, but that you'd also still be billed by direct debit.... I also tried clicking on the my payment part to see if you can change anything that way, but it just always says that there's an error....
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes you can do this. You can make 5 part payments per month online or on the automated payment system. So long as you pay the full balance of the bill within 14 days of getting your bill then you will be fine.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cancelled my direct debit as soon as it was set up (did it via my online banking), thenI just pay by debit card on or around the date the debit was due. Just helps sometimes I can pay early if I have the cash available, and if the debit date lands a few days before payday it saves worrying about charges etc
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes you can do this. You can make 5 part payments per month online or on the automated payment system. So long as you pay the full balance of the bill within 14 days of getting your bill then you will be fine.

Now I never knew this! Definitely a hidden feature but tell me, is this actively promoted to customers who ring up saying they may have problems as the OP asked?

DD is the prefered method, and you do have to have a direct debit facility to set up a contract, but you can pay online if you wish.

The OP might have just tried while there was a fault with the billing system or they may need IT looking into it if its been happening for a while.