cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a Tesco SIM be used in a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 on O2 PAYG?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone please confirm whether a Tesco SIM will work in a (yet to be purchased) Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 locked to O2 PAYG?  The deal for a locked phone on O2 is good at £140, but I want to keep my cheaper call rates on Tesco.  An unlocked phone is about £40 more through other sellers.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I know you can't use an o2 SIM in a Tesco PAYG phone so I assume it be the same the other way around. PAYG phones tend to be simlocked so the networks can recoup the costs of subsidising the handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I know you can't use an o2 SIM in a Tesco PAYG phone so I assume it be the same the other way around. PAYG phones tend to be simlocked so the networks can recoup the costs of subsidising the handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read that what you say is correct, but also seen speculation that it does work the other way round, i.e. Tesco SIM in O2 locked phone, but none of these postings on other forums seemed recent.  So was hoping someone with recent experience could advise.  I don't have an O2 shop near me so I'd be buying on the net.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

couple of months ago i put a tesco sim in a blackbery curve which was on o2 p&g and all is well.

Message 4 of 4