cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls to channel islands

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a taxt from o2 informing me that calls to channel islands mobiles will not be included in "free minutes" from 4th december. As one of my sons lives there, this will leave me with a real problem !

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree it was in the terms and conditions but I did not get the 30 days notice
Message 31 of 33

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going down the ombudsman route.

Will let you know how it works out.

Trying to find a copy of the wording of the letter but suspect I binned.

Yes let us know, but claiming for something that was never in your agreement might be a sticking point.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 32 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I realise this is an old thread but I do have a question relating to it. Does anyone know why it is that O2 are the only UK network providers to charge for calls to Jersey landline numbers?

I entered into a contract mistakingly assuming all calls to Jersey landlines were included (as they were and still are with my previous provider) and have now found out to my cost they are not! I appreciate it is my own fault for not checking the terms and conditions before signing up and I realise that I am now stuck with the contract but I am barely able to use it seeing as most of the calls I make are to my family who all live in Jersey. Now I have to try and borrow a friends phone when I want to call my dad or stomach a very expensive bill.

I cannot understand why, when all the other providers are able to include calls to Jersey and other Channel Islands landline numbers for free in their inclusive minutes, O2 have to charge?

Message 33 of 33