Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken phone

TheDirector
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 contract that runs out in July.  Problem is, my phone is broken and wondered if it is worth buying a new phone then changing my contract to a SIM only contract in July.

In an ideal world, it would be great if O2 replaced the phone (not insured) FOC and then come July, the contract gets renewed as is.  As this is unlikely, I guess the decision will need to be based on the difference in price of exisiting contract that includes phone v new contract without phone versus the cost of new phone.

for example:

current contract is £30.00 per month which includes phone

new phone will cost £400.00

revised contract (without phone) could be £18.00 per month, which equates to £432 over 24 months

Summary, if the above costings are representative, clearly it would be worth buying a new phone and changing contract.

Ideally, I would love O2 to send a new phone and have faith that I will renew the contract, in July.

Hope this makes sense.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Matthew

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@TheDirector You answered your own question. Buying a new phone outright and going sim only always works out cheaper than buying a phone on contract. Most people don't have the ready cash to do that, which is why they go with Refresh or a straight 24 or 36 month repayment scheme. If you shop around you may even find your phone for less than what you've already seen.

O2 is not going to send you a new phone. That's just pie in the sky.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2