cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breach of contract by o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi every1, about 4 month ago i have signed up for a 24 month business contract from o2. last week my contract has been cancelled by o2 for breachig the terms and conditioned which i think is unfair and i have given a bill of 540 pound.

breachig the terms and conditioned is for using calling card numbers which are simple call (0208) , i didnt know anything about it and i havnt received any kind of warnings either via email, text or letters. now they are saying they cant do anything and asking me to pay bill for

next 20 months left on my contract which i am not using. in this economic downturn i am strugling to pay this huge bill. can someone give me a advise what to do, please would be appriciated . thanks

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

yap,  because of using calling cards , thanks

Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry guys its been cancelled only because of using calling cards which is simple call to call

to bangladesh and their no is a landline no , nothing doggy or extream.

Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes , thats what they said , ,outstanding amount of contract. nothing more. my last month bill was 40 pound,
Message 13 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
well only about 5 call in a month,
well i knew i was calling but i woudnt know that its
is against the o2 terms n conditions
thanks for the link will make a formal complain
Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks mate, told cs that i didnt know about breaching
, they replied they cant do anything about it.
Message 15 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

So basically it's making international calls using a freephone or in your case a regional London based number? Yes I can see O2 wouldn't be happy about it and I'm sure you must have had an inkling that this breached the terms and conditions of your contract.

Message 16 of 35

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Think this came up a couple of years ago and the T&C's reflected that change because of the number of people abusing it. As ever, reading the T&C's first would have highlighted this.

Message 17 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you or anyone copy-paste parts of T&Cs with link telling this ??? Means calling "calling card's number" is not allowed and breach of contract ?

I read this http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement and nothing like this mentioned here.

Moreover inclusive minutes clearly states that 01, 02 and 03 numbers are included ..... So where is this 0208 or others mentioned ???

Thanks,

Fawad Lateef

P.S. I am interested in knowing this also as I use my O2 number (pay-monthly) for occasional calls to internal numbers using calling card with 020x numbers ....

Message 18 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Can you or anyone copy-paste parts of T&Cs with link telling this ??? Means calling "calling card's number" is not allowed and breach of contract ?

I read this http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement and nothing like this mentioned here.

All the possiblities will be covered, if you're using another service to make reduced price calls, they could say it's fraudulent use of their network.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

All the possiblities will be covered, if you're using another service to make reduced price calls, they could say it's fraudulent use of their network.

This means effectively you can't use any landline also to use calling-card numbers as you are using another service to make reduce price call ..... This is simply wrong and not possible as its not a fraud ..... The calling card company gave you landline number to dial so in reality you are dialing landline number from mobile network point-of-view.

CMIIW.

Message 20 of 35