cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breach OFCOM regulations regarding PAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 are refusing to provide me with a PAC until I top up more money, they are REQUIRED to provide one upon request but are holding my number to ransom until I give them £10. I don't know what to do to resolve this

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We need to get better at informing each other of changes such as this.
If O2 want us to be part of the front line they need to communicate better so we don't end up looking like fools !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Thanks for the update @MercedesS as @MI5 says better communication is required.

I guess that know opens the gates on ebay for gold numbers / consecutive numbers to be sold on unactivated sims from the Star trader programme !

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no idea this was a new rule. Has it only come into effect this afternoon 

Message 13 of 22

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

We didnt know either till you guys reported it! We keep learning everyday because of you! So thanks again Mexican Wave 

We just hope that @Anonymous was helped at the end! Because that is why we are here for Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 14 of 22

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I think this is a terrible change. If someone gets a pay and go sim, doesn't activate it, then technically the number isn't active.

Time to do what giffgaff does, don't provide the number until the sim is active.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Personally I can see this degenerating into mass confusion!! It's fine informing us of this change. We aren't CS. Have they all been informed? From previous changes I very much doubt it. Every single member of CS including Live Chat should now be aware that a PAC can be given whether you have topped up or not.

Some months ago I suggested (in the ideas section) that customers should be able to get their PAC via MY O2. Although the idea achieved the 'required kudo level' nothing was implemented. I suggest we should look at that idea again @MercedesS

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Community-Ideas/Request-PAC-via-My-O2/idi-p/1031844

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just one of a dozen or so "ideas" that require revisiting imho but O2 have made it abundantly clear that they aren't really interested and are just paying us lip service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Just one of a dozen or so "ideas" that require revisiting imho but O2 have made it abundantly clear that they aren't really interested and are just paying us lip service.

If I am going to be totally honest Rich I was 'insulted' that it was given no consideration from management and the one single reason I never posted another idea. I even wrote to one of the admin and was assured it HAD met the criteria and would be discussed and considered. I never heard another damn thing (I know a few of you felt it wouldnt be approved as O2 didnt want people to leave...However this new rule about not needing to top up to get a PAC opens the door for it to be considered,

So many ideas fell by the wayside and in the end I just thought it became a paper exercise and was continued because it looked forward thinking and innovative!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, for sure....

Currently using:
Message 19 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My thoughts too @Cleoriff, it got to the stage where the ideas section was more akin to people trying to justify their jobs.

I now treat all requests for ideas and thoughts with disinterest purely because of the lack of respect by O2 and their apathetic treatment of the time and commitment put in by many members of the community. 

Message 20 of 22