Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bogus company called FERDAMIA INVESTMENTS

louloune1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This bogus non existant company  ( ferdamia investments ) charging me £4.50 weekly for apparently 'video streaming ' for  past 5 months...although o2 is aware of this bogus company from previous o2 customers complaints , o2 has continued to allow this company to take money off my bank .

the tel no given by o2 call center is another bogus number- 08455571267....and their e-mail is also bogus e-mail address...one address is in cyprus with tel no-+1235235598 which takes you to british time keeping .

WILL O2 DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT - I LOST OVER £100 SINCE ALL  THIS STARTED 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe it's just me but I check every single bill that comes in, every month without exception. ....

Message 11 of 24

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @louloune1, welcome to our forum! 

Sorry to hear that you've had unwanted charges on your bill. 😞 Please do take a look at the advice above from our members to see what to do in these situations. Let us know how you get on?

Message 12 of 24

Bonobo1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same issue, while browsing the internet on my iphone there was a pop up, followed by a text informing me i had subscribed to something called global cams at a cost of £4.50 per month. i hadn't clicked on anything agreeing to this and i replyed with the word STOP to unsubscribe straight away. The problem is I had already been charged £4.50

I Contacted O2 via chat and they gave me a number for Ferdamia 0330 053 8665, i have called the number and explained the situation, someone at Ferdamia said i could be refunded by Paypal or Bank Transfer, I didn't want to give my bank details do I gave them my email address for paypal, they said it could take upto 14 days ( i don't know why it should take that long?), anyway, once 14 days are up, if i don't have a refund i will be contacting them again

Message 13 of 24

professi0nal
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As shown by all the reviews, this service is a total scam.  

I received a £4.50 charge each week on my phone bill (which I missed as don't check my bill frequently enough) and occasional texts which I thought were a scam so did not click STOP.  Even when I did eventually click the text failed.  I did not sign up for anything but in all likelihood clicked on something in Facebook while on my phone and they were able to get the info.  Extremely bad sales practices. 

On plus side, here is how I fixed it:
1 - called O2 and they put bar on these kind of charges to prevent it happening again.
2 - called Ferdamia on 0330 053 8665 and emailed them also. I asked for the following:
    what the charge is for
    the specific application process that led to this being billed to me
    the date this began
I asked for a full refund of all changes and told them if I did not get refund I would take the complaint to the PSA.
3.  They called back within an hour and say they are providing a full refund.  Either by paypal or bank account.  I did not want to provide bank account so gave paypal.

Full refund is due in 7 - 10 days.  I don't know if I will get it and if I don't will report back and also take to PSA

Message 14 of 24

Kkkaty
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Of course there's a lot you can do - what a daft reply. This is firmly an 02 problem and the more people who go to the press/complain to customer service/ post on Twitter FB etc and generally expose how 02 is an enabler for thieves, then something eventually will be done.
I for one am not sitting back and saying' oh dear. There's not much else you can do.'
A breach of GDPR complaint is one potentially effective solution
too.
Message 15 of 24

harrington-cook
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi professiOnal

Did you get a refund ?

I got hit by this TODAY - 15th September 2018

Trying to buy door handles ! - I got a 'redirect' to globalcams' - all I did was X out of the webpage - trust me I did NOT subscribe to anything !

O2 were cagey on my forst call - but then I told them there were literall hundreds of entires on Google abou this

They have put a block (apparently) to stop charges like this on mine and my Daughters phone - but guess what - an hour later a £450 charge appears (oh and an 8p charge to send the damn STOP text !!!

O2 are FIRLY responsible for this - as the could stop these scammers from applying the charges !!!!

Message 16 of 24

NickT
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, I've also just been hit with 4 weeks charges in my latest bill. I definitely never subscribed to this "Global Cams" rubbish with Ferdamia Investments. Replied "STOP" instantly (just in case) when I receieved the text out of the blue, but nothing happened. I think I "closed" a pop-up that subscribed me while browsing through lots of sports news pages. O2 want nothing to do with it and insisted I contact Ferdamia direct who seem to be a bit of a ghost company. They only return calls from blocked numbers and claim they can't give a refund as I "subscribed" to their services. I'm absolutely disgusted O2 allowed this to happen and that my payment details have been shared. Especially to such a dodgy, scamming company like Ferdamia Investments. Absolute mongrels! (if only I could say how I really feel!)

Has anyone actually managed to get a refund?    

Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 18 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @NickT

You also need to contact customer services and ask them to place the following bars on your account. This will avoid a repeat of any other scams

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@louloune1

It's not a bogus company http://ferdamia.com/

You have obviously clicked on a link and subscribed to the service unknowingly

Ferdamia are a principal provider of text message marketing solutions and SMS marketing services. We offer SMS solutions that allow brands, agencies, and businesses to proficiently build integrated marketing campaigns and messaging services for business communication, alerts for schools and colleges, text voting services and bulk text messaging applications. We offer a unique web based solution that allows businesses, government, and non-profit organisations from all industries including education, hospitality, politics, technology and more to create and deploy the ultimate text marketing campaigns.

Contact details are here....so get in touch and ask them to unsubscribe you and refund any money they have taken

Should there be any doubt about Ferdamia, take a look at their Trustpilot reviews.

Screenshot 20**Personal info** 22.36.33.png

I really don't understand how O2 can regard companies like this as 'Trusted partners' allowed unfettered access to their customers' accounts. Surely O2 are aware of this and are therefore negligent in allowing this to continue.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 20 of 24