cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill, bills and billing for payg pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I see the calls I have made on my payg?  How do I see my bill?

I can't believe the answer o2 have given me so am asking here.  I also cannot see a sensible correct or useful answer on this forum so am starting this thread. 

According to o2, payg customers cannot see their bill or the calls they make except that the only way to see that information is under the Data Ptotection Act by making a Subject Access Request. Incredible.  Just for the icing on the cake, o2 charge £10 for each request!

Ps Please stop censoring my posts.

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I have just answered this elsewher

But on PAYG o2 is correct.

Move to a 30 day simplicity pay monthly tariff if you realy need this information.

It will only be available after you sign up to a monthly contract.

Sorr you cannot get it any other way.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I have just answered this elsewher

But on PAYG o2 is correct.

Move to a 30 day simplicity pay monthly tariff if you realy need this information.

It will only be available after you sign up to a monthly contract.

Sorr you cannot get it any other way.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23129 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

If you're PAYG you can see the calls you have made in the call log on your phone. Anything else in your query, adamtemp is correct. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ps Please stop censoring my posts.

Your posts were censored because you were claiming correct answers given to others were wrong.

A few minutes of research or one simple question here would have given you the correct answer, but you couldn't be bothered.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

But this is basic billing information.  When I see my balance has dropped say £5 how do I know what that has been spent on?  How do I know o2 have charged me correctly?  How do I see what I am being charged and what for?

It is unbelievable to me that I cannot see this information.  Judging by all the other posts asking to see their bills a lot of other people are having the same problem.  Mostly they have been gettting less than intelligent answers like phone o2.

Message 5 of 28

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

this is a well known issue this thread from 2010 http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/The-right-to-view-Pay-and-Go-call-history-online... which is why everybody was telling you it cannot be done on payg.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

the answers given to others were wrong.  Most said incorrectly login and click on view your bill.  Thats doesn't exists for payg.  Soem said phone 02 that is pointless.  one said no you can't - apart from being very unhelpful thta is not correct, as I discovered you have to do a data protection request.

'A few minutes of research' is wrong as well. If that was correct there wouldn't be so many questios on this subject.

PS i have reported your post as abusive lets see if yours gets censored.

Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm just looking at this too simplisticly, but PAYG customers won't get a "bill" because they never owe anything. All calls, sms, mms and data are paid up front via monthly top-ups, therefore there is no need for O2 to issue a "bill".

Instead there is the ability to view or be given a "balance" of the credit that is still available. Its also possible to see how much call time, data and the amount SMS remaining from the allowance provide by O2 depending on the top-up amount and the PAYG tariff the user is on.

If someone on PAYG wants to see calls that have been made over the course of a month, the call log on their phone will provide this function. O2 are under no obligation to provide this ability for PAYG customers.

Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks that is very useful and didn't appear in my searches of the forum

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But this is basic billing information.  When I see my balance has dropped say £5 how do I know what that has been spent on?  How do I know o2 have charged me correctly?  How do I see what I am being charged and what for?

It is unbelievable to me that I cannot see this information.  Judging by all the other posts asking to see their bills a lot of other people are having the same problem.  Mostly they have been gettting less than intelligent answers like phone o2.

Its basic billing information for contract customers who need to be able to see that their bill is correct before paying it. You don't have a contract and so are paying a set amount every month from which all sms, mms, calls and data are taken from if you use up the allocated allowance.

It may be unbelievable, but believe it. All other cellular operators will have the exact same situation. 

In what way is being told to call O2 a "less than intelligent" answer? The only people who can tell you what you have used is O2, and as a PAYG customer speaking to O2 is the only way you "might" be able to find out.

This will be my last polite answer to this topic...

Message 10 of 28