Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner

Re: being charged for premium services on my mobile broadband

well that a pretty serious design flaw if you ask me. Like being able to charge money to your ip address without your permission. And not being able to stop them?? I can contact these companies tomorrow and they can do it again a week later. time to cancel my contract i think.

Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,473

The only one you can move to for full protection now is EE but I guess all others will have to follow them pretty quickly now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

well i will stop mobile broadband and go onto landbased. If its sending my  sim number to every site i might as well add my credit cards details while i'm at it. 

You can ask o2 to block all premium charges and any charge to mobile charges although this is on by default and you have request it to be turned off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

[ Edited ]

Already asked that. She said they couldn't. presumably because they cant stop the sim sending out the number

They can do it.
Unfortunately you spoke to someone with no idea what they are talking about (sadly not uncommon)!
Call back and ask again and you may get someone who knows what they are doing.

Currently using:

well i will wait to tomorrow and speak to fraud. she saved the chat, i saved the chat so if any more charges are put on its their responsibility. thanks for all your help. Its appreciated.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Currently using:
Topics: 688

@caspergriswoldThese are the bars you can have placed on your account. Information directly from O2

The top two are the ones you need to look at

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Snack-Games/m-p/1112166/highlight/true#M146903

Best of luck from now on Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

thank you cleoriff. will ask fraud when i give them hell tomorrow :0)