Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

barclays insurance

Can anyone help I got my bag stolen in a park and it had my phone in it. Now Barclays will not give me a replacement phone as there terms and conditions regarding it being in a public place. So with no replacement and a contract to pay a little bit of advice would help.
Anonymous

Re: barclays insurance

Can anyone help I got my bag stolen in a park and it had my phone in it. Now Barclays will not give me a replacement phone as there terms and conditions regarding it being in a public place. So with no replacement and a contract to pay a little bit of advice would help.

What condition did you not satisfy i.e. what is their argument?
Anonymous

The sort of insurance you get with bank accounts often states that the phone must not be left unattended in a public place.
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,299

It might be worth checking to see if the phone is covered by your home insurance as there always seems to be an issue tied to bank accounts.
Anonymous

The sort of insurance you get with bank accounts often states that the phone must not be left unattended in a public place.

I didn't want to assume that was what he had done, but most insurance companies won't entertain that. Even in the car, it usually isn't covered unless in the boot or glove box.
Anonymous

I take it your handset was left unattended in a public place?
This is a common denial reason across all insurance policies and is designed to reduce the risk of the handset being stolen.
The way I see it you have 2 options:
1) Appeal the insurance decline to Barclays. To be successful here you will need to prove it wasn't left unattended (bearing in mind what you have already reported to them this may be impossible)
2) Seek a new phone to use for the remaining period of your contract. Call O2 first and see if they are able to do anything for you. If not your looking at a bog standard SIM free handset cost I'm afraid.
Anonymous

Were you holding on to the bag when it was stolen? If so the "public place" argument from an insurer tends to be invalid...