Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: bad repair service - water damage vivaz

Isn't it just that Sony decided to make a goodwill gesture because of the 'strength' of the OP's complaint. Also have a guess who they use for their repairs.

As I have said often, recently, buy an iPhone and relax. Smiley Very Happy
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Wot, and be tied to a company like Apple for the rest of your life, no thanks! Smiley Very Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Isn't it just that Sony decided to make a goodwill gesture because of the 'strength' of the OP's complaint. Also have a guess who they use for their repairs.

Apple have been the worst offender when it comes to 'water damage' placing their sensors in places that are more liable to attract moisture.
There was talk of class action against them in the USA
Anonymous

If you have a fault with your phone and it is still in warranty, dont waste your time with O2, contact the manufacturer directly and hopefully they will sort the problem out.

Your wasting your time posting this, i've lost count of the amount of times i've posted the same advice, most people will still take there phone in to O2 to let them send it away for repair instead of dealing with the manufacturer themselves.
Sony Ericsson & Nokia both have 2 year manufactures handset warranties.
Anonymous

Wot, and be tied to a company like Apple for the rest of your life, no thanks! Smiley Very Happy

I am not tied to anybody for life, but until another manufacturer can produce a better quality product and offer the same of level service, I will stick with Apple.
I have tried them all, many times.
Anonymous

Apple have been the worst offender when it comes to 'water damage' placing their sensors in places that are more liable to attract moisture.
There was talk of class action against them in the USA

Apple will examine the 3.5mm jack and power jack as standard, before deciding to swap out. Apple have eased their liquid damage policy and they are the first and only manufacture to do this.
Class action or any action in America has little meaning. Have you ever watched Judge Judy.... they even sue their granny in that country Smiley Very Happy
Blackberry have a moisture indicator under their trackball...... yeah right!!
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I am not tied to anybody for life, but until another manufacturer can produce a better quality product and offer the same of level service, I will stick with Apple.

I agree, if it works for you, but there are many devices on the market and what suits one person doesn't always suit everyone.
Freedom of choice and all that. Smiley Very Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

I agree, if it works for you, but there are many devices on the market and what suits one person doesn't always suit everyone.
Freedom of choice and all that. Smiley Very Happy

For sure.... but when it goes wrong, it is hard to beat Apple.
The HTC Desire had shocking sound quality and the feedback I got direct from HTC was that they were aware of the issue and that they would register my concerns. That is not a response I would have got from the Apple store.
I had handsets in the mid 90's that would knock spots off the Desire as a phone.
I would never touch Motorola, Nokia, Siemens, LG, or Sony Ericsson. Ericsson, before Sony ruined them, made outstanding phones, with incredible sound quality.
I haven't seen anything yet that sports the build quality of an iPhone 4 although I did not and still do not rate the 3/3gs.
The only phone that came close to the iPhone "feel" was the HTC Legend and its solid aluminium block construction. But unfortunately, it was an HTC.
Smiley Wink