Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

bad repair service - water damage vivaz

Last month my wife's Sony Ericsson Vivaz suddenly stopped working all together. Since it was less than a year old (on 24 month contract) and under warranty, we sent it to O2 for repair. They came back and said it was due to water damage and not economically repairable. They also said that water damage was not covered in warranty.
I searched for it online and realised that this is a standard reply that O2 service team gives.
So I contacted Sony Ericcson (without mention of O2 reply) and they said there warranty is valid for 24 months and asked us to send it to them for diagnostic.
Within a week, the phone was back and is now in perfect working condition.
This just proves how #### the O2 service team is and they just say 'water damage' so that they dont have to repair it and try to sell you another phone at full price.
When my wife picked up the phone back from O2 shop, she said that she has been with O2 for the last 5 years, and got a very dry reply, "We have people who have been with O2 for the last 10 years.", almost meaning that we dont care.
I am now waiting for mine and my wife's contract with O2 to end and switch.
They are a bunch of liars.
Just thought I will post this for the benefit of others.
If you have a fault with your phone and it is still in warranty, dont waste your time with O2, contact the manufacturer directly and hopefully they will sort the problem out.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: bad repair service - water damage vivaz

the repair company is not o2 search annova and you will see the issue.
I would flag the issue to the complaint review service details in many threads or the support site with all the info and reply from se.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

The moral of the story is.......

this is not the fault of O2, although as Adam says, let the Complaint Review Service hear what you have to say.
Been there, done that and now wouldn't buy any other phone other than an iPhone. That way, I never have to deal with O2's repair service or O2's shop staff. The latter being decidely average in my opinion.
I had an issue with my iPhone 4 recently.
Monday 8.30am: Made a "genius" appointment for 9.30am.
Monday 10.30am: Left the Apple store with a replacement handset, having had the best of treatment by the most courteous of staff and an interesting conversation about Apple products. Unbeatable!!
Anonymous

Thanks guys. I do intend to take this up with O2.
However this post was intended mainly for information for people to avoid contacting O2 in vase of handset problem.
Also, the repair service is ultimately a service provided through O2 for O2 customers. It doesn't matter what company O2 uses, it would be O2's fault if the service is sub standard.
Apple doesn't manufacture the phone, but if something goes wrong, apple will not pass the buck but sort out the problem. If O2 claims to be one of the best mobile network providers, then it should provide the required level of service. And this is not a one off problem, it has been faced by a lot of customers.
Anyways, I am going to take it forward with O2 for wrongly trying to sell me another phone.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]
Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... CASE=13668
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Thanks guys. I do intend to take this up with O2.
However this post was intended mainly for information for people to avoid contacting O2 in vase of handset problem.
Also, the repair service is ultimately a service provided through O2 for O2 customers. It doesn't matter what company O2 uses, it would be O2's fault if the service is sub standard.
Apple doesn't manufacture the phone, but if something goes wrong, apple will not pass the buck but sort out the problem. If O2 claims to be one of the best mobile network providers, then it should provide the required level of service. And this is not a one off problem, it has been faced by a lot of customers.
Anyways, I am going to take it forward with O2 for wrongly trying to sell me another phone.

I guarantee you that the moisture indicators in your phone will have turned red/pink indicating water ingression. Anovo are a reputable company and they will have proof that your phone has suffered "water damage". They will provide photographic evidence of the same, if requested.
The problem here lies with the blanket refusal to look at the phone because these indicators have activated, whether or not water caused the fault on this occasion. If you read this thread in detail, you will begin to understand my point.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36719&hilit=anovo+norwich
I repaired my own phone, but Anovo was only acting as per policy.
The question remains whether O2 make this policy or is it by decree of the manufacturers.
Your phone has been repaired, try and chill out and don't wind yourself up. Make sure you keep this handset away from moist atmospheres e.g. not in the bathroom whilst you showering. Make sure the kebab sauce is wiped from your hands whilst you press any buttons... that kind of thing.

There is an obvious inequity here when a customer gets a phone returned as water damaged and the manufacturer can then complete a repair under guarantee.
O2 needs to take a serious look at what is going on here.
Presumably Sony Ericsson will have checked it for water damage too and found nothing.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Anonymous

There is an obvious inequity here when a customer gets a phone returned as water damaged and the manufacturer can then complete a repair under guarantee.
O2 needs to take a serious look at what is going on here.
Presumably Sony Ericsson will have checked it for water damage too and found nothing.

They most likely saw the same activated indicators, but pushed on and identified the problem. They obviously felt that the fault was not related to the suggestion of moisture or they decided that the repair was so minor/inexpensive that it was better to keep a happy customer.

Either way, it is another example of this flawed, "water damaged beyond economical repair" policy that Anovo works to.

Which suggests the policy is wrong and should be changed.
And who takes responsibility for the policy, as in your case, the phone should have been repaired and returned to you, with a note saying there was possible water damage which may affect it in the future?
Why are these phones being returned as unrepairable?
I am well aware the repairers work to a policy laid down by O2.
Perksie in "on his high horse" mode! Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous

Isn't it just that Sony decided to make a goodwill gesture because of the 'strength' of the OP's complaint. Also have a guess who they use for their repairs.