Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

awful customer service, many times over

Hello

New to thisbut not to O2. Been with hem for years (6+) but in the past 6 months have had so much trouble. First wouldn't let me upgrade to the phone I wanted, then when they did the disconnected me. all i got was a sorry after hours on the phone trying to get it back on, don't know how that happened. Then to top it off they have just charged me £700 for my disconnection that was their fault and not even supposed to happen. All ive got from that is £20 goodwill gesture. Had to cancel DD to stop payment leaving bank and then the had the audacity to suspend my service for none payment. Feel like they taking the mick big time. Any ideas how to get more compensation??

Highlighted
Anonymous

Compensation for what exactly, not giving you what you wanted? Where you entitled to an upgrade to the phone you wanted?
Highlighted
Anonymous

You got £20 as goodwill? So it's sorted then? I wouldn't describe £20 and an apology as 'only'....what are you expecting exactly?
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

What was the £700 for exactly? I can only assume that the charge was a valid one if they have only given you £20 which I assume is for phone calls to O2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I *think* that maybe the OP has requested to disconnect, then upgraded but the disconnection hasn't come off the account so it has disconnected and raised termination fees. O2 have then gone to take the fees but has been stopped, OP has been reconnected and given goodwill of £20.

Unless you have been financially deprived more than £20 then no you're not entitled to any compensation.
Highlighted
Anonymous

yes i was due for an upgrade and no i did not ask to disconnect. the £700 was for a disconnection they incorrectly did and it cleared my bank account for the weekend as my bank could not stop the payment until the monday.
to me this this is bad customer service and they they then suspended my service for none payment. So no, i do not think £20 quite covers it!!!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

p.s canwefix it do you work for O2. in my world £700 is alot of money to lose for no good reason
Highlighted
Anonymous

Compensation is to cover out of pocket expenses due to o2's actions, if you can provide receipts for things you had to pay for to resolve the matter then yes you can pursue more money from them, but if you haven't then I think £20 is perfectly adequate and would be happy with that myself.

As for being left over the weekend, under your direct debit guarantee you are entitled to a refund from your bank within 24 hours. Although in your OP you said you cancelled the DD to stop it leaving, now you're saying the DD was taken.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Twilightaddict, I think its quite clear you feel that you have been hard done by. However, your description of what has happened is confusing and muddled.
What you need to do is write down exactly and clearly what happened and send it to the Complaints Review Service.
When describing it, stick to what happened; put things in chronological order; don't make accusations and don't embellish things.
Don't forget to say what you would like O2 to do to sort it out.
What I would do is put it in a drawer for a day or two, then check it again for any mistakes and get someone to proofread it.
When you have sent it off, allow them time to investigate.
Think about your own actions, ask yourself if your instructions were clear, whether you could have done anything differently.
Once you hear back, you can consider their response in light of this.
If you then want to take it further you can reply to their letter or contact the independent arbitrator OTELO.
I can't stress how important it is that you make your complaint clear. You also need to know that cancelling a direct debit is a bad idea and could cause you problems down the line. Sounds brutal, but its best you are aware of what might happen.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Surely you couldn't have been eligable to upgrade and got termintion fees of £700, unless you were a platinum customer on £100+ tariff.U